Ceramic/Stove Enamel Exhaust

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Does anyone have pictures of there enamelled exhaust, they would like to share.
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

I have sent my Ancelloti to be coated,will post pics when i get it back.
Angelo

I don't have any pictures but I have just had my Tutto exhaust ceramic coated by Zircotec and am hugely impressed. It's been coated in their Sterling silver which is pretty bang on to the standard Innocenti silver. They picked it up and dropped it off all within 3 weeks. Not cheap, but shouldn't discolour like what normally happens.
GLscoot

Angelo wrote:I don't have any pictures but I have just had my Tutto exhaust ceramic coated by Zircotec and am hugely impressed. It's been coated in their Sterling silver which is pretty bang on to the standard Innocenti silver. They picked it up and dropped it off all within 3 weeks. Not cheap, but shouldn't discolour like what normally happens.
Zircotec was the company I had in mind and the sterling silver, is it a smooth finish or a dappled finish, hard to see on there website and I do recall getting samples a few years ago and they were dappled, if you know what I mean. Did it cost more than the exhaust itself.
Angelo

GLscoot wrote:
Angelo wrote:I don't have any pictures but I have just had my Tutto exhaust ceramic coated by Zircotec and am hugely impressed. It's been coated in their Sterling silver which is pretty bang on to the standard Innocenti silver. They picked it up and dropped it off all within 3 weeks. Not cheap, but shouldn't discolour like what normally happens.
Zircotec was the company I had in mind and the sterling silver, is it a smooth finish or a dappled finish, hard to see on there website and I do recall getting samples a few years ago and they were dappled, if you know what I mean. Did it cost more than the exhaust itself.
Here you go Gary...

You're right its not smooth.. I would say its more slightly raised and Zircotec did say it might be hard to keep clean but that was the only option if I wanted it in silver. They do do a totally smooth one in black or grey but to be honest its only noticeable if you look up close. With collection and delivery it costs the same as the original cost of the exhaust but from everything I read the coating from Zircotec was the only option to stop it discolouring.
dave411

That looks good.Would you do me a huge favour and post me a pic of your side panel,where the chrome fitting fits onto the panel?
GLscoot

It does look good and it looks as if its a very thin coat as you can still see the lettering on the exhaust. Its a pity they are so far away as it would be a good finish for the underside of the frame and mudguard. I may even think about getting a set a vespa casings done.
Neat petrol or carb cleaner should be able to remove all the crap

cheers for the pictures.
Angelo

dave411 wrote:That looks good.Would you do me a huge favour and post me a pic of your side panel,where the chrome fitting fits onto the panel?
Sorry mate don't follow... Do you mean a picture of inside the panel where the badges affix?
dave411

Where the chrome "arrow" fits onto the panel on the outside.
Angelo

dave411 wrote:Where the chrome "arrow" fits onto the panel on the outside.
This okay...?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information