BGM/RT 225 OR RAPIDO RACE 225

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
steviegp200
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hi lads not posted for a while but looking for a bit of advice after wrecking another piston ive decided to dig a bit deeper and get something a bit more exotic(was runnin an indi st 4 mahle piston :oops: 3 in 2yrs 2 air leaks n i should o honed it b4 3rd one :shock: w@nk3r) 25mm phbl drilled box no filter indian big bore so now to the point i had my heart set on rt kit thought it looked well made liked the head n exhaust fittings and have felt the same about bgm clubman but last week whilst dropping a mates motor at chisels i asked martin his advice on rt NOW I STRESS HE DID NOT SLAG THE RT KIT OFF hearing my scots accent he suggested i might get similar performance from the rapido r225 with bgm clubman which would be a cheaper option so im looking for some feedback from you guys who may be running either kit as my pockets arent that deep i have to keep certain parts which are sound anyway eg gearbox sprockets chain all standard gp200(indian box) carb is 25mm phbl i would like to keep it as i like standard look under panels but would change if need be for more reliability im not looking for a fire breathing monster ( i would ts it but its a early 70s s type gp n would spoil the look :o i know anal) just want fast enough to sit a 60+ also a bit o low down grunt as im no thindian 20st+ i need a bit pull so soz this is bit long but would love to hear back from you cheers stevie mc
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

why not try a gt200 kit :?:
C’est la vie
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

I'm running both mate... Rapido with reedvalve in my Red & White S2, and an RT in my GP. Both I have fitted with 60mm cranks.

Have a lot of confidence in both.....

All I can say is that the BGM RT went together with absolutely no fettling at all, whilst the Rapido took a lot of work to get the compression correct....
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

As you said the RT is very well made. I ran mine with a 26 Delly and have just fitted a 28 and whilst not got the jetting sorted yet it does feel quicker. I ride mine with confidence having done a few Pistons :oops: like you in the last year. 300 miles running in only..
Muttley McLadd

How much would Martin charge to bore your existing barrel to 225, and give it a 'proper' stage 4 tune?
CakeAndArseParty
innocenti69
Main scooter: taffspeed 205 li,

what about a wee honda 205 stevie. :) im home next week are we going out for a pint with the upglc :D
shocky

innocenti69 wrote:what about a wee honda 205 stevie. :) im home next week are we going out for a pint with the upglc :D
I think he wants something a bit cheaper last time I looked honda 67mm pistons were going for £150 and thats if you could find one I gave up after a year and didnt want to pay for the MBD one
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
steviegp200

:)
steviegp200

ok lads sorry i havent posted any thing till now was havin probs wi phone
steviegp200

:evil:
innocenti69 wrote:what about a wee honda 205 stevie. :) im home next week are we going out for a pint with the upglc :D
:evil: baaassstttaarrd wish i hadnt sold you it :( i wel get apint when yir home wel go to i upper port so i tash kin bring i dug :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information