rb 22

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
skoota2
Main scooter: lambretta gp

who out ther running a rb 22 with avanit head!!! and how much cooler do ther run.please,and who selling them,price :D
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

30 to 40 degrees c lower Af Rayspeed sell them
sydduckett

skoota2 wrote:who out ther running a rb 22 with avanit head!!! and how much cooler do ther run.please,and who selling them,price :D
this May or not help. I have an RB20 with an Avanti head and it does appear to be running cooler. think I may have to go to a B7 as it's very rich downstairs. The head is the only change to the kit well apart from new piston and crank and it was running fine before. pretty unrideable with the b9
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

been doing the avanti head/cowl on rb22 and 25 for a few years now in both centre and side plug forms and see around a 40f change in temp ,these i cut to suit from blanks with specific squish clearance,velocity and compression ratios to suit specific motors/port durations as well as further mods to the casting to aid cooling further ,if long stroke i use a cowling packer too
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Darrell Taylor wrote:been doing the avanti head/cowl on rb22 and 25 for a few years now in both centre and side plug forms and see around a 40f change in temp ,these i cut to suit from blanks with specific squish clearance,velocity and compression ratios to suit specific motors/port durations as well as further mods to the casting to aid cooling further ,if long stroke i use a cowling packer too
I think that is a good testimony to these heads, that Darrell uses them on his fan-cooled Grp6 race bike (amongst other machines) and if they can handle that heat/power, then they'll be up to the job on most-all road bikes.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
jonashford

Darrel are u sure that ur only seeing a 40F drop?
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

jonashford wrote:Darrel are u sure that ur only seeing a 40F drop?
yes jon approx 410 on a normal head 370 380 on avanti this is under plug temp
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
soulsurfer

Does the jetting require resetting if switching to one of these heads?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
jonashford

Ok, Darrel, thnx, just that I use centigrade and the sensor is under the plug. When I had my tuned rb 236 std cyl head, using a tto gauge at 65 - 75 mph it would go as high as 220 degrees. With my steel lined rb 260 with ron moss head at 65 - 75 mph its only ever been as high as 187 degrees. So it runs a lot cooler than before. this is on the road not a track so maybe thats making the difference?? What do you reckon?

cheers
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

A quick basic conversion in degrees,for farenheit,double you centigrade reading and add 28.Ie, if you have a reading of 187 degrees centigrade,then it's 402 degrees farenheit.Cheers Speedy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information