Stroking standard engine

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rakki
Main scooter: sx|px|rally×2

I'm installing electronic ignition system (probably BGM stator & Indian flywheel) to my SX 200. I'm under the impression that it's wise to swap the crank to GP/DL type at the same time and as the long stroke (60 mm) ones are about the same price as normal ones I'm thinking about getting one too to gain some more cc's. What kind of options of different head/foot gaskets/spacers I have and how will they affect to the engine characteristics? I have standard cylinder & head (which I'm not willing to modify), AF Clubman and 22 mm Dell'Orto carb.

Right now I'm using standard 3-ring piston but if someone haves positive experiences with cheap Mahle pistons from SR I might get one to have it around if the inlet timing needs adjustments.
Maz

There is no point fitting a 60mm crank, if you're not willing to play around with porting the barrel & head.

Also, you will be hard pushed to find a good quality 60mm for the same price as an uprated 58mm.
rakki
Main scooter: sx|px|rally×2

I might add Classic Rapido / Mugello / Stage 4 cylinder later and would like to have an option to switch back to original if that's ever needed.

Right now I'm thinking about MecEur 60 mm crank, is their quality so bad that I'm running into problems with engine setup that has maximum possible output of 16 hp?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information