Boost Port for reed valve conversion

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

is this the thread you mean fastfrog?

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... conversion
fastfrog
Main scooter: T5 mk1, SS180, PX200 millenium

right on the nose
Size matters!
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

Thanks for the responses. I have been following that thread with interest and looking forward to seeing the results from the engine. I can't see the pictures on my work pc so will have another good look at home later.

Cheers Andy
li150ss2011
Main scooter: li150silver special

camel wrote:Also if your unsure about cutting the boost port, the artlicle in scootering mag just did the piston window mod(no boost port) with the reed valve manifold and got good results.
As a footnote. just the reedvalve alone without any piston windows reduced performance.
do you know if that was this months or last months ?(or other) scootering mag
camel

May 2012
jedan71
Xbox live gamer tag: Jedan71

As a footnote. just the reedvalve alone without any piston windows reduced performance.

Camel, just jumping on the post due to your prev quote, does this mean all the after market like LTH, MB & ScootRs bolt on kits are useless unless you change the piston to be ported with a boost port barrel as well.

Would the retained crankcase pressure created by the one way valve effect of the reed valve not aid piston flow thus giving small benefits ands a fuel MPG increase and no spit back, but of course this be only optimised with a ported piston setup.

Sent from my G33M-S2 using Tapatalk
YAMLAM

can a TS1 piston be used in a Reed valve conversion or are the ring pegs in the wrong positions ?
win or lose have a booze
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

YAMLAM wrote:can a TS1 piston be used in a Reed valve conversion or are the ring pegs in the wrong positions ?
they get used
C’est la vie
YAMLAM

win or lose have a booze
camel

you can use any piston...after all the boost port will be positioned to miss the ring pegs...
in one i use the ron moss ts1 piston,in the other i use the scooter restorations sr200 piston with windows milled in.
And jedan71,im only quoting what the mag concluded....with no other mods...just a reedblock, it was well down on power from the intitial stage4 set up
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information