avanti carb settings

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
steve chapman

just built an avanti for a mate and he is using a mikuni tmx35 with a franspeed race pipe

has anyone elese got this set up . if so what jets ect are you using , thanks Steve
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Might be best to give Ron a buzz Steve, can't be sure but someone might have posted one a while back, most are on dellys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
stew
Main scooter: Series 1 and series 2

Currently running mine on 20 pilot, 57 needle (2nd clip) and 310 main on a JL3. Still running it in however been fine for 500 miles so far and I have rung it's neck a few times.
Loud pipes save lives!!
steve chapman

thanks guys , my mate spoke to Ron and hes not sure but thinks

when he had a mikuni it was 57 needle 2nd clip 300 main and 22,5 pilot

does that sound about right , Steve
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

stew wrote:Currently running mine on 20 pilot, 57 needle (2nd clip) and 310 main on a JL3. Still running it in however been fine for 500 miles so far and I have rung it's neck a few times.

Hi Stew.

Looking at putting a Mikuni on my Avanti as well....what was the rest of your set up (gearing, timing, etc).

Thanks

Mick
stew
Main scooter: Series 1 and series 2

mick1 wrote:
stew wrote:Currently running mine on 20 pilot, 57 needle (2nd clip) and 310 main on a JL3. Still running it in however been fine for 500 miles so far and I have rung it's neck a few times.

Hi Stew.

Looking at putting a Mikuni on my Avanti as well....what was the rest of your set up (gearing, timing, etc).

Thanks

Mick
Mick I have static timing at 17 degrees, Li box 46 x 17. I am in NZ though, conditions very similar to uk in regard of there is no humidity here yet.

If you haven't run the kit yet you will not be dissapointed.
Loud pipes save lives!!
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

stew wrote:
mick1 wrote:

Hi Stew.

Thanks

Mick
Mick I have static timing at 17 degrees, Li box 46 x 17. I am in NZ though, conditions very similar to uk in regard of there is no humidity here yet.

I have been on the road with the Avanti for 3 years now (kit no. 71). I've been running a Dellorto 30mm PHBH but i have a bit of boggines in the low revs. I'm hoping the Mikuni may perform a bit better than the Dellorto. I'm still very pleased with the performance and if the Mikuni performs that will only be a bonus.

If you haven't run the kit yet you will not be dissapointed.
paul190
Main scooter: S2 lambretta Avanti TT3

I been using the mikuni tmx 35 on My Avanti kit and it has been working very well.
set up is
57 needle 2nd clip
17.5 pilot
290 man jet .
Also run a remote filter now as I used to run open mouth and got tired of cleaning up the mess after a ride .
Still it runs like a top.
Mind you this is with one of Ron's big bore club man pipes .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information