Scooter Shootout Elvington

BSSO race info, reviews, plus rider and scooter tech info.
bishop

Scooter Shootout Elvington 20th 21st September

The scooter Shootout is a unique event with a four lane drag race set up giving the rider a choice of distances from 1/8th mile 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile this is the only event in the UK to have this

New for this year are classes for fully road legal scooters entrants in these classes must bring MOT Insurance and the scooter must have a currant tax disc

Classes

Geared scooters

1 Road Legal up to 190cc

2 Road Legal up to 210cc

3 Road Legal unlimited

Auto classes

4 Road legal up to 80cc

5 Road legal up to 185cc

6 Unlimited

The above classes are full road classes with full Tax Insurance and MOT if required

Racing classes Geared Scooter

7 Street Lambretta up to 210cc

8 Superstreet Lambretta over 210cc

9 Street Vespa up to 190cc

10 Superstreet Vespa Unlimited

11 Pro Street Geared Scooter

12 Competition Race Scooter

13 Special Scooter with motorcycle engines

14 Top Race Scooter

Racing Automatic Scooter

15 Up to 80cc

16 Up to 185cc

17 Unlimited

BSSO Classes

Group 4

Group 6

Group 6A

Costs

Gate price per day £10pp No charge for Kids up to 16

Camping per weekend £25pp this includes free mini bus to local pub

Racing costs

£35 per day all distances

£60 per weekend all distances

One run free on the 1/8th mile strip for those that want to try the sport

This is the only full Scooter only drag/Sprint event on the calendar and the only event in the UK to have the four lane format,,,Trevor
ducksta

personaly i would like to see £5 per run (one lane?) as some people would like a couple of goes, £35 worth is a great price for sprinters if its your sport but a bit steep to a newbie.
live life your a long time dead
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

I agree it is too expensive. But still won't stop me going to watch all the crazy people going up the strip :D let's hope the weather is kind to us .
eden
Dealer

ducksta wrote:personaly i would like to see £5 per run (one lane?) as some people would like a couple of goes, £35 worth is a great price for sprinters if its your sport but a bit steep to a newbie.
Must be grim up north!
cgt75b

IMO it would make sense to lower the price for virgins just to get them interested. In the long term I am sure it would pay off. Just my point of view, not a dig at anyone at all. We all know these events cost money to put on.

I will be there again and only to happy to pay the enterance fee.
eden
Dealer

I think its cheap enough considering they are giving anyone 1 free run, the big problem is that its on over the weekend of the Woolacombe National rally.

but then as its at elvington I suppose Woolacombe being on wont make any difference at all as the vast majority of scooter riders now a days tend to only do local ish rallys, which is a shame.

Ill be at the rally not at Elvington!
cgt75b

You enjoy it Eden :D I know I will thoroughly enjoy Elvington.
eden
Dealer

It would have been great if it had been organised for this weekend with the AF 50th anniversary do on not very far from elvington.
ducksta

eden wrote:
ducksta wrote:personaly i would like to see £5 per run (one lane?) as some people would like a couple of goes, £35 worth is a great price for sprinters if its your sport but a bit steep to a newbie.
Must be grim up north!
not grim m8 just a general observation from talking to people at these events, i went to santa pod last year i rode there and would of liked to go down the strip a couple of times not race all day as i still had a long ride home, how many would lie the chance to race a m8 a couple of times for fun? thats all ime saying :D :D :D
live life your a long time dead
bishop

The problem is Insurance companies don't do cheep insurance over £15.40 of your entry goes on insurance licence and permit so your £5 for a couple of runs is dead in the water, it costs us to do the free ride for beginners already, This event is as cheep as we can do it and is good value considering what is on offer,,,Trev
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information