Cush drive bids for freedom!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lammer205

Hi all , i've just rebuilt a motor all shimmed up and torqued put it back in scoot and go to kick it over kickstart very stiff and not returning , i gave it a few kicks out of frustration to be honest, then sat down for a relax smoke and noticed a hairline crack at the cush drive this was on a polished casing so quite visible, so casing back of and some damage there alrite, so i need to know what happened here and what to do to sort out all help appreciated. thanks Lammer205
Morgan
Main scooter: T5 Vespa Mk1

The cush drive was probably not seated correctly, causing it to sit proud and catch the casing. Seen it done before and cracked the casing when tightening up.
lammer205

Yep i seen what i've done there :oops: , thanks Morgan! Lammer205
Pepot
Main scooter: servetta LI150 serieIII GT186

Had a similar problem after having changed the kickstart shaft. It had like a "nipple" on its inner side that faced the clutch and didn't allow the casing cover to sit properly. Grinded that "nipple" with a dremmel and solved it. It would explain the stiffnes of your kicstart.
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

opps seen it done , luckily not by myself , 8-) i always tw@7 the cush drive with a hammer to see if the spring bounces , you also get a solid "clunk" if it`s not seated properly , the casing can be welded on the inside and re-polished
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information