Any Ideas?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

RT225 with a newly fitted PHBH30.... did not have this issue when BGM PWK 30mm fitted... Definately a carb issue. First time ive used a Dellorto.

55 Pilot
70 Choke
X7 & AV264
122 main

Recently upped the float valve from 200 to 300 to try to overcome these issues

No matter where I set the main jet.... same issue 3/4 throttle and beyond...

Video explains it better than I can express it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8eaScGexBA
peter357bikes

I wonder if the av264 is a bit small ..I have an RT 225 but on a mikuni TMX30 (was on a muggy225) and I put a bigger atomiser in and ended upping the main jet 260 to 280 as well and raised the needle one clip. Mine wouldn't behave until it had been on choke for several minutes...which I thought odd. Try reving 3/4 plus and giving it some choke.....
Livi- Graeme
Main scooter: Lambretta li 185 series 2

Use a av266 on my avanti with a x7 needle 2nd clip from the top with a 122 main jet and a 50 pilot jet on my 30mm phbh if that's any use for you
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

The issue is the same choke on choke off...kinda eliminates too weak....
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Tried it with the main jet out?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I agree it sounds rich....but just to double check it's not electrical have you tried your original carb back on ? I'd put another plug in as well .....
Ketje

I just set up a PHBH30 "with air filter" on my RT225 with JL race MKII. Av264, X7 top clip, 40 slide, 122 main, 55 pilot. Still bit rich at 1/8 throttle so think slide 45 would be better.
Also, if found that indian ignitions work better with a BR8es than B8es and a gap of 0,6mm.
I'm used to TS1 but I have to say that the RT225 is the best piston ported cilinder I drove yet :-).
Also look if your floaters from the carb don't have a leak and are full of petrol, this also can give the effect like in you video.
Greetz, Mike
goldeneye

sounds electrical to me. in fact it sounds exactly like me mates years ago, and that was all the s**t from his open mouth carb going behind his flywheel and clogging the magnets and coils on his ignition. cleaned it and it worked fine. for the sake of taking off the flywheel, its worth a look.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Whip the ignition wire out the Cdi also just rools out something else.
db67

Hi, I would say your jetting is about right for that set up & as others have stated give your electrics the once over, what I did notice while watching your video clip is the route your petrol pipe is taking, I would be inclined to shorten the pipe,turn the carb banjo so its pointing downwards, so then it wont have such a steep climb in getting fuel to your float bowl. hope you get it sorted ;) db67
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information