AIR HOSE TO FIT OVER PHBH BELLMOUTH

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Agent Buchwald

Hello, I believe these do exist somewhere - I'm after a right angle air hose that fits over the plastic bellmouths on Dellorto PHBH carbs, anyone know who sells them? Thanks in advance.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Not sure tbh but you can unscrew it and get plenty that do fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

just unscrew it and the normal lambretta one fits, I have a scootrs one on my phbh28
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
Agent Buchwald

Thanks for the replies - I've got the standard one I was just hoping to experiment with airboxes and use a bigger hose that is not quite so restrictive. I'm sure I've seen some but can't remember where, cheers, Jon
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Agent Buchwald wrote:Hello, I believe these do exist somewhere - I'm after a right angle air hose that fits over the plastic bellmouths on Dellorto PHBH carbs, anyone know who sells them? Thanks in advance.
Lth do them. I am sure Harry Barlow had some :D
Agent Buchwald

Strangely enough it came up during a conversation with Harry Barlow but i didn't ask if he had any, thanks for that.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've got the breath sweet rubber on it's own that fits the 60mm opening of the PHBH with the screw on bellmouth. Not sure how you'd make it fit the airbox though.
Agent Buchwald

corrado wrote: Not sure how you'd make it fit the airbox though.
Some hideously welded collection of unsuitable pipes and butchered boxes I'd imagine - persevere up to point of contemplating suicide and then find that going open mouth solves all problems of my own making.
Thanks for getting back and pm sent.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Agent Buchwald wrote:
corrado wrote: Not sure how you'd make it fit the airbox though.
Some hideously welded collection of unsuitable pipes and butchered boxes I'd imagine - persevere up to point of contemplating suicide and then find that going open mouth solves all problems of my own making.
Thanks for getting back and pm sent.
I think I've previously bought every plastic tubing option that B&Q sell trying to mate up Ramair filters to breath sweet hoses, though thankfully I've now got decent supplies of the proper breath sweet filters. I reckon that one or two strips of old innertube might bridge the gap or a mix and match with double sided tape, the thick stuff for mounting number plates.
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

Ive used the elbow with 42mm bore at carb end, clamped down onto the threads, and a ramair filter fitted to the OD at the other end, all fab and groovy, although Im now going to try a ram air direct onto the carb as Im not sure if its flowing enough air as it is
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information