Shed Find (My Shed)

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

:lol:

This started off with the intention of being a conservation job. If I'd stuck to that it would have been back together and running maybe 18 months ago...

I just keep doing stuff and then changing my mind or finding stuff that doesn't work as I planned it. I'd really been quite afraid of tackling the paint but it's not been too bad really and I think the result is going to be worth it, but by feck I just want it up and running now, particularly in the light of the ongoing issues with the pig. I'd diverted quite a lot of effort into that last year with the hope of getting a relatively cheap and reliable rallier. Unfortunately it's turned into neither and I'm still not sure what the solution is to that issue. The engine is on the naughty step while I focus on the GP.

Also a change of job at work will hopefully mean that I work away from home less during the week and less pressure at weekends to make up for that with a family life.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Lam-d
Main scooter: 71 Gp200e

Ross Great write up ...the red/white and blue/white paint combinations were common in southern Ireland Drop a line to the lads on the Lci site and see what turns up ...
rosscla

Lam-d wrote:Ross Great write up ...the red/white and blue/white paint combinations were common in southern Ireland Drop a line to the lads on the Lci site and see what turns up ...
Cheers I'll give that a go.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
rosscla

Yesterday was miserable, so nothing achieved.

Today after getting the family stuff out of the way I spent a couple of hours on the project.

I fitted the legshields beading to the legshields. This quite hard work on good leggies but on these ones was a total pain. Got there in the end though.

Got the legshields on the bike and after a bit of fiddling about with the top bracket more or less in the right place. It was quite badly bent and needed a bit of persuasion to fit. Started to fit the strips and sharks teeth, again I suspect these are supposed to fit better but they'll do for now.

The observant might notice that there's not enough holes for the rest of the strips. For the ones I have, with the rubber anti-vibration washers in place, the screws are too short to go through the legshields, rubber and struts. Another one for another day.

Mudguard on with new rubbers as I can't find one of the originals right now.

Headset refitted, I really like the Avanti headset screws being able to do them up with a spanner is genius.

Toolbox door back on with new pin and buffers, it now doesn't rattle in the breeze. Also put the choke and petrol tap back in.

I also tried to fit the horncast but it doesn't fit properly at all. The colour also isn't quite right.

At the moment it seems like the problem might be the holes in the top of the legshields as there has been some welding previously in that area but it also seems to be off centre which I don't quite get. I don't really have time to fiddle with it tonight. But I did take a minute or two to dress it up a bit and get an idea what it might look like one day...

Last edited by rosscla on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Great thread very informative. Cumbria Scooters is that still there ? Was that the one run by a fella called Steve, he used to run all the doors in Carlisle ? I may be wrong.

It should soon be on the road soon good luck, thanks for taking the time to document.
rosscla

It was originally a guy called Rod opened it and Steve took over from him. The shop closed a long time back. I think ha was involved in a number of different businesses.

I believe I heard recently that he'd resurfaced though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rosscla

Was out having a rake in the shed looking for something else and came across this -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

I also remember there being a scooter shop in Brampton, long gone now I suspect.
rosscla

Isn't that where Andy Francis is?

Mickek used to be down the London Road, used to spend a lot of Saturday's hanging about in there. Anyone remember what the name of the old guy they had in the front shop was?
rosscla

This evening after a couple of hours of rummaging in the shed I finally turned up the bridge piece and air scoop which will need painted, found the seat fixings and came to the conclusion that there's no way that I'm going to be able to make the foot board strips fit with these legshield shaped objects. The holes are in all the wrong places, not even straight. So it will be serveta style mats and a bit more urgency to find someone who can do a decent job of panel beating / welding / painting my original ones.

Seat on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information