Surflex race question.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lammer205

Hi,

i am about to buy a new clutch for a ts1 i've narrowed my choice down to either a surflex race or the lth 7plate, about the same money , one thing though i have seen some posts regarding the surflex clutches where a few people have said "once you get used to the action" this suggests that the surflex is a very on/off kind of snatchy action in operation, would i be right in that thinking? thanks Lammer205.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I'm using one and it was stiff to pull in at 1st. I then fitted a new MB nylon lined clutch cable and it's now a '2 finger' clutch. As for the action being tricky I've not really noticed it being any different to any other clutch I've used. I will say this about them though. It's one of the few things I've brought for my Lammy that actually fits and works as it should do.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

10 inch Terror wrote: It's one of the few things I've brought for my Lammy that actually fits and works as it should do.
That's what I'd say about my LTH clutch.

I've fitted one of the Indian AF clutches [not used it yet though] but it needed "fettling" to get the cassette to slot in and out easily, a problem you won't have with the Surflex version.
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

Both are great clutches, The Surflex is a little 'on/off' but only takes a few minutes to get used to the feel so really not an issue. Surflex spares more readily available in Uk?
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

I have had the AF road clutch in my TS1 for 18 months. It is quite simply the best clutch I have ever had in my Lammy, for feel and comfort of use. I haven't used any of the other top notch clutches on the market,so cannot say how they are in comparison. What I will say though is, my next engine build, which should be a big block GT200, will be having the same clutch.cheers,Speedy.
golf19gt
Main scooter: lambretta ts1 230

ive got an lth in my ts1 high torque copes no probs eric cope runs one aswell in his 40bhp rb no issues
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information