Finished

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
modpopcomedy
Main scooter: vespa sprint 177 polini rv

Soz...seen wat powers her now. Got similar set up in my sprint. Bar 68/22.with modified lml reed block...an sip 26si...actually is 26..an sip road soon bgm bigbox an kytronic. .u got looks n great set up. Wanna sell her.lol. u shud get gen 70 comfy....and 60/70 mpg at 60. Needs that disc:)
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Looks excellent well done
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Cheers

To be honest the pictures don't do the finish justice and either in the rain or blazing sunshine it looks so good, but it did take at least 100 hours with a wire brush on a grinder.
Gary
Yanker

GLscoot wrote:http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24207

The rear light cost around £15, the only thing is you need to cut a 20mm diameter hole to fit the light fitting to the scooter and two M5 holes for the bolts, twin filament bulb, I think 100mm diameter in total. I will post the link for the light when you need it.
On a closer look I think it is not a repro Lucas 529 that I thought, what is it then? Ultimate respect for the labour spent on prep Gary: you must have biceps like Popeye and fingers like Oliveoil after doing the domestics.....
MADSPEEDRB260
Main scooter: lambretta gp200

GLscoot wrote:ImageVespa GS by GLscoot, on Flickr
Cool finish mate well done.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Yanker wrote:
GLscoot wrote:http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24207

The rear light cost around £15, the only thing is you need to cut a 20mm diameter hole to fit the light fitting to the scooter and two M5 holes for the bolts, twin filament bulb, I think 100mm diameter in total. I will post the link for the light when you need it.
On a closer look I think it is not a repro Lucas 529 that I thought, what is it then? Ultimate respect for the labour spent on prep Gary: you must have biceps like Popeye and fingers like Oliveoil after doing the domestics.....
Its a lucas L692 rear light. The work was actually therapeutic, you could at least see how it was going to look. A lot better than sanding paint or filler. Probably the worst job I can think off.
Yanker

GLscoot wrote: Its a lucas L692 rear light. The work was actually therapeutic, you could at least see how it was going to look. A lot better than sanding paint or filler. Probably the worst job I can think off.
Know what you mean. Once stripped and laquered cast radiator and fire surround in my old 2 up 2 down front room. The selling estate agency even featured it on the front page of their mag alongside my other 'improvements'. No energy for that scale endeavour now on the current schedule :-(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information