Hydraulic Disc Brake Conversion on Rally/Sprint front end

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Whats the best Hydraulic Disc Brake Conversion for the Rally/Sprint type front end? .... Are there any conversions available that allow you to retain the original Fork - or do they all require the modified PK/PX fork swap?
modpopcomedy
Main scooter: vespa sprint 177 polini rv

Im lookin in to doing same thing bud. Best iv seen that allows u to keep forks is a conversion by worb5 . U send ur original forks...n they do total refurb....inc use grimeca disc kit. Looks the dogs....it includes upgrade spring n damper......though if u send ur own.
Which id imagine u have already upgraded.....this does lowee price...a little......best damper by a country mile...is the bgm pro adjustable..... an the 33% stronger spring by sip.....makes the ride so much more stable.....as good..
...if not better than px.....just those brakes.....:(....price circa 1200 euro......sounds a lot......but u pric e up a conversion using new bits....n it same. Im daving now...lol. that does not include the headset mods...for resevoir etc.. alt....try chequered past in leicster....they do a disc...but usin pk forks...which require fukkin about wiv mudguard etc. Id day the worb 5 option is way to go. Hope it helps.as I say....upgrade ur damper to the bgm one....it really does transform it mate.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

The Worb 5 option sounds good, as they also offer an option to have your headset modified to take the master cylinder - ect....
I've also seen a nice kit on Scooter Centre GmbH web site,which looks to be designed for a stock fork also - but there's no real info as to how it works?!
I've fitted the BGM Pro damper & a 33% stiffer spring - which has totally transformed the front end - but the stock brakes remain sh17e!...
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

Heres my Rally converted to PX forks and Grimeca braked disc, with LTH hydraulic master cylinder plate welded on to headset.
Rally220

santacama

VERY NICE!!!!!!
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 7&start=80

This is the one Im doing at the moment.
Rally220

Looks good that GL, whats the front end disc set up there? Got a standard set of forks wouldn't mind converting to something like that?
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

This guy looks like he does some good work, he's in Leicester.

http://chequeredpast.piczo.com/vintagef ... var=000044

Recently I see he's added a note to his fork mods page -

"USE YOUR EXISTING FORKS
I can modify your existing vintage forks to take PX
brakes and suspension to keep you up-to-date with modern
handling whilst keeping the vintage look."

GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

I have used Damian a couple of times and he does excellent work and done the front end on this scooter.

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=10

the silver and red one, on this i used the scootRS front disc unit.

sorry flickr has changed its site and can't workout how to cut and paste pictures yet.

If you check this page on my thread there is another front brake master cylinder, not tested it yet, somebody has suggested it may not be for a front brake.

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 7&start=70

Gary
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information