Hydraulic Disc Brake Conversion on Rally/Sprint front end

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

I have used Damian a couple of times and he does excellent work and done the front end on this scooter.

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=10

the silver and red one, on this i used the scootRS front disc unit.

sorry flickr has changed its site and can't workout how to cut and paste pictures yet.

If you check this page on my thread there is another front brake master cylinder, not tested it yet, somebody has suggested it may not be for a front brake.

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 7&start=70

Gary
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Gary - where did you get the disc hub kit that your running on your current GS project?... I like that one a lot - very neat!
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

GLscoot

Rally220 wrote:They've got them here mate
http://www.saigonscootercentre.com/Prod ... =160&s_id=
If you give me a couple more weeks I will tell you how it goes, Ive had a few years now and the first time the bearings collapsed after one mile. Its taken me this long to get it fixed and working properly, the axle has been re tapered and new bearings fitted. I think in total it cost around £500 to buy and delivery charges, theres also custom charges involved, you may be lucky and get away with the custom charge. Contact Pat at saigon scooters, I think he owns the scooter shop and is very helpful. Scooter-Center also sell the disc unit.
Gary
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

Nice one Gaz.

Gary.
modpopcomedy
Main scooter: vespa sprint 177 polini rv

Based on that....I think the worb 5 kit at 1000 is a no brainer. Its ready to bolt in an go.:) an iv seen ome in action...they work!!.by the time u factor in labour for gettin the others set up right.......it ain't a diy job imo....worb u just refit forks...that is.....an away u go. Iviseen a few disc kits that just dont function safely. Or things brake....pardon the pun. Give the germans ur money n ride the fukka
GLscoot

I take it we are talking about this

http://www.vespa-lambretta-teile.com/Sc ... rne-TAUSCH
modpopcomedy
Main scooter: vespa sprint 177 polini rv

Yes bud. At 1000. Roughly. ......maybe bit less if u use ur own spring n damper.....which most ov us would already improved..... .its ready to go. Even doin the job urself....the parts alone...assumin u have to go out n buy em.....dont come in much less.... .an as I say...it works ...well...an theres no messin with ur mudguard which there is by goung px/pk forks....an I haven't seen many disc px forjs for sale....only std drum......so add on cost caliper...disc...all little bits......then say 150...(that 2at I was quoted) to weld top half ov ur original...to bottom ov px/pk....plus the fukkin about....n it looks good value to me. I kno ov one dealer who has disc hubs in stock.....at 350 ish.....but fair play to him.....he wont sell u them....cus ov the quality an fitting issues. The worb kits are tried n tested.....an set up ready to go....using quality bearings etc throughout. An u know ur mudguard fits...an therw ur forks so they fit bak exactly.......no messin.
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

Regarding diving while braking, why would a different damper help? I thought it's function was to slow the return of the spring after it has compressed. Or does it provide some drag as the compressing spring pulls the damper open.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpe scooter diem

1974 Rally 200
1965 Li150
1963 TV175
1974 Eibar Jet200
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information