Taffy copy pipe

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lammydave
Main scooter: Li150Special RT195

Here's mine... BGM kit...

I used the bracket that came with the zorst... sits considerably lower than the pics above

Li150 S2 1959. Li150 Special 1964. GP125 1970. Jet 200 Performer 1981. 1967 Sx150. 1959 Li150 S1. 1968 li125 Series 4
Chris-47
Main scooter: Sx150 li125 gp200

Does the rear runner bracket not hit the exhaust and out of interest how do u find the bgm kit mine will not b up and running for a while yet
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

CPH Lambretta wrote: I was generally very disappointed with the Mugello kit, the ports were all over the place and the exhaust port design just made the whole thing a ballache :x
I'd agree there, I have a Mk2 and the exhaust ports about 10mm closer to the head than it should be neccessitating a cut and reweld of the swan neck bracket on the clubman to get it to fit :-(

As for the angle of the tailcan on the taffy copy, here's mine on the chop on a 175 kit :-)

Donnie.
simonwwfc

camel wrote:
simonwwfc wrote:Here's mine now

This certainly doesn't look correct,I'd disconnect the tailcan bracket,slacken all your mounting bolts off,allow the pipe to find its natural position and tighten up,totally leaving the can bracket for now as it looks set far too high,then adjust the can bracket to suit its natural position.I actually made my own bracket coming from the shock mount as it looks so naf[/quo

It's not the rear can bracket . It's the bracket welded to the exhaust itself
boris
Main scooter: lambretta

This is after I dremeled 8mm out of the top of the main bracket holes. I dare not go any further with it. Not a lot of bracket left to play with.
And it still touched the very back if the runner. when the suspension is worked hard.
All so any lower and it touches the kick start.
boris

sitting a lot lower on the bracket.
I all so had to fit some washers as spacers to help line it through to the back breacket.
thebassmasta
Main scooter: GP TS1 240

boris wrote:Image

sitting a lot lower on the bracket.
I all so had to fit some washers as spacers to help line it through to the back breacket.
Thats actually fitted wrong!the welded part should fit from the cowling side with the nyloc nuts panel side
boris

I know but when you have had the bag of s**t off and on as many times as I have. It's easier to do it this way until its set up as you want it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
simonwwfc

Maybe better getting the bracket welded to exhaust cut off and another longer one fitted with a long slotted holes as some one else stated previously . So the runner bracket still hits exhaust then ? Fcuking nite mare
boris

It's a rock and a hard place to get it low enough. The kick start taps it as it hits the bump. stop.
To be honest I should have taken it back and asked the shop to order me JL3 or NK.
But now I have made the holes bigger. I'm stuck with it.
Don't get me wrong. I like the way it performs and sounds.
I have had an NK,Scootrs,BGM clubman, all fitted easily.
Buy cheap buy twice. When will I ever learn.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information