'Sluggish' acceleration

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Arborman
Main scooter: RB22

Hi All,

Couldn't find this anywhere so thought I would ask the question..... I have recently had a new 190 top end and (cheap I know) 30ml OKO carb and a ancillotti exhaust put onto my series 2 Li 150. Its been tuned up fine ticks over well no problem , no splutter, it's just when I open her up she seems 'sluggish' .Don't get me wrong I don't expect it to rip your arms etc...but I know a couple of series 3's with similar set ups and they accelerate fine. She pulls away well even 2 up it's just that there is no zip....just you know like she is saying 'in my own time please'......
I have done nothing to the ignition / flywheel/ gearing.... so any ideas where to head toward?

Cheers
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

carb' too rich ?
Arborman

Yeah could be that, will give it a try.
Arborman

Nope not that...
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Piston to bore clearance too big ? rings stuck in ?.....................good luck !!!
bazza3004

What carb and pipes do the others have on.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Who did the tuning? Ask them for a setup. I had a 190 and thought it was great but the spec of the barrel will vary depending on who tuned it.
Arborman

Thanks for the replies..... bazza3004, the other's have jetex 22mm carbs but the same top ends and one has a clubman exhaust, the other a standard ... I am thinking the carb could be my problem as I read a post on here by Adam Winstone saying a similar thing because what I have possibly done would cause me to loose power low down etc...
Soosh , the guy who set it up tuned my RB and he done an absolute quality tuning job on that.... he did say when he had done this to my bike( at my request not his) that it wouldn't rip your arms off but it just seems not as good as others I have ridden recently.... I will give him a call though.

Thanks again
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information