Any one fitted an Acewell?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
22/2

http://www.acewell.co.uk/Acewell%20Spee ... full&id=65

Looking for a digital speedo, don't like the sip, it's more tachometer than speedo.

Any others available?

Cheers

Rich
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

The round one lends itself to a series 1 or 2 not sure about the round one with a plate to fit a series 3
mines a Taiwanese copy and would not adjust to set up for a 2 stroke so the rev counter is not used. The speedo is accurate enough as is the petrol tank gauge. I am running full DC with indicators so the idiot lamps are useful. I had to cut the rear case to get it to fit between the pulleys as not a lot of room on a series 1. It put me off going for the Acewell as it was twice the price of mine.
Muttley McLadd

I've got a Vapor one from MB.

I like it. Easy fit too. It was well priced when I got it. I don't know if they're much dearer now.
CakeAndArseParty
belly
Main scooter: series 2 Li with TS1

I've gat an acewell on my series 2, all the idiot lights work as does rev counter, speedo is accurate as well
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Did you have to trim the rear case to fit between the pullies. Is a steel case or plastic?
belly

I made a 3/8" spacer out of nylon to lift speedo body up, no other trimming required
sydduckett

I like the look of this and it seems keenly priced. Have some questions though, anyone help?

Has anyone got one in a SX or special headset and if so was it a bitch to fit?

Can you run a sensor on the wheel instead of the traditional worm drive?

how accurate is the speedo using the worm drive?

and finally folks, what other tricks can it do?

Thanks (a lot )
Sef
T5-190

Got this one to fit with a little work. The speedo unit itself is very shallow, so misses all the guts in the headset.

belly

Speedo runs from magnetic pick up on front wheel, cable runs down forks a la Lammy speedo. There is a tacho that works from windings around HT lead, It has two trip meters and an odometer, there is a fuel gauge if you've got one. Then there are idiot lights for dipped and main beam and indicators. It also has a clock, elapsed time and run time function. You can change the display to show, mph or revs, all in all a good piece of kit. Bastrd to fit in a series 3 or GP though
sydduckett

belly wrote:Speedo runs from magnetic pick up on front wheel, cable runs down forks a la Lammy speedo. There is a tacho that works from windings around HT lead, It has two trip meters and an odometer, there is a fuel gauge if you've got one. Then there are idiot lights for dipped and main beam and indicators. It also has a clock, elapsed time and run time function. You can change the display to show, mph or revs, all in all a good piece of kit. Bastrd to fit in a series 3 or GP though
thanks for that belly, sounds like this could be a goer. haven't bothered connecting my speedo for two years as it was so poor. now tell me more about the nightmare fitting it. does it foul the gear and throttle wheels?

thanks
Sef

Ps did you use the bracket that comes with it?

Oh and does it require a battery!

Ta again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information