27bhp Vespa Malossi 221cc

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Another one finished today.

Not a bad result for such an old design of pipe, figures might improve slightly with some of the newer pipes available.but still a healthy result and far better than most lammy TS1 .s

27bhp - 20ft-lbs.

Spec:
Malossi 210 MHR kit
SeriePro 'Bell' shaped crank (60mm)
30mm Dellorto PHBH
Malossi Reed Valve Kit
PM Tuning Pipe

Engine built, ported, tuned and dyno'd @ Scooterotica

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Good bhp & torque figures there.... hopefully mine will turn out ever better Sean!.... but I'd be happy with those figures :lol:
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Well impressive that will certainly surprise some rbs, ts's etc
sean brady scooters
Dealer

cartmel808 wrote:Good bhp & torque figures there.... hopefully mine will turn out ever better Sean!.... but I'd be happy with those figures :lol:
dan and I are both looking forward to seeing this motor of yours done graham ,the combination of the parts used and with our modifications to the crankshaft,crankcases ,piston and barrell etc should prove interesting .
spent most of today building a good clutch from the two that you provided ,I used the sip banded bell ,the 24 tooth cog and modified it for 22mm deep turrets ...so its all coming together quite nicely now .
dan took some piccys of the crank to post up along with your general motor build .
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

f@@k me - that must be the most expensive vespa clutch ever made Sean :shock: :lol:
lockman69

What's the rough cost to turn a standard 200 into a 27bhp monster?.... Cheers
sean brady scooters
Dealer

well hi lockman69 ,this isnt an easy question to answer as there are so many variables but i,ll have a go anyway .
there are obviously a lot of parts to buy firstly ,and such a lot of choice regarding quality and cost and options ,you could for eg keep using your standard stator and flywheel or buy a fancy £300 one !,same goes for the crankshaft if not going for a longer stroke (keep and modify the std one or buy a fancy one).
you may also be able to use some s/h parts rather than new such as a carb or pipe if you could find them .
other big savings could be made regarding labour charges if you are able enough to remove your existing std motor yourself ,strip it and do your own tuning/porting and rebuild /re fit or at least any part of the above
and depending what you do there may or may not be welding/machining costs to factor in .also when your motor is built you would require a dyno session unless you are confident that you can set it up yourself .
..also you could offset some of the overall cost by selling off all your s/h parts that you no longer require .
soz to sound vague but i,m sure you understand what i,m getting at here.
I would therefore hazard a guess at prob £1000 minimum based on just the parts alone for the motor ,but this figure could easily exceed 3K plus ...especially if your sensible enough to realise that you may also need to upgrade the tyres/suspension and brakes etc to keep it safe and handle well with the increased speeds and performance
lockman69

Many thank's Sean
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i,m just waiting now for that innevitable and predictable post from someone saying that their std barrel ported 200 yielded 30bhp at least and does 100mph lol
lockman69

I thought all standard 200's did over 70mph easily ..... Lol :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information