Renovate or conserve Mmmmmm

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Polish the old paint to death and rust treat it,put missing bodywork back on,any colour will do,then blitz a couple of grand on the engine...Sorted.
johnny LIS150
Main scooter: 1964 Lambretta LIS150 special

Soulpunk wrote:conserve !
clean it 1 whole day and polish a part of the legshield and then you won´t ask again..

:lol: :lol: :lol: there is a strange theraputic benefit from cleaning bikes but I know exactly what you mean ;)
johnny LIS150

speedy wrote:Polish the old paint to death and rust treat it,put missing bodywork back on,any colour will do,then blitz a couple of grand on the engine...Sorted.
now thats a good suggestion. I really like the idea of having a Wolf in sheeps clothing and given the choice my passion lies with the mechanical side of things . :D

TODDY ROSCLA thanks for your recommendations . Looks like its a conservation job but update and replace defective stuff maybe spend some money on overhauling the engine and transmission .

MUTLEY ! how could you ! :lol:
I'd love to do a chop one day but it would have to be on something less original and complete or very poor condition. One for the future perhaps ;)
Junglemod
Main scooter: 62 series 3 li

Hi
I personally like the original look , and its only original once .take it all apart clean and detail each bit and refit it . Will look great :-)
johnny LIS150

thanks junglemod ;)
I'm amazed at how many peeps are saying keep it as is with rust and dents etc ... All the scoot images I see on the forums seem to show very comprehensive restorations ?
I really like the thought of keeping it original but I'm not sure that the missus and my neighbours and the village will see it the same way. They'll just see a rusty old scooter that looks like it should be in a skip :roll:
Muttley McLadd

johnny LIS150 wrote: I really like the thought of keeping it original but I'm not sure that the missus and my neighbours and the village will see it the same way. They'll just see a rusty old scooter that looks like it should be in a skip :roll:
They can build their own, if they want!
johnny LIS150 wrote: I'm amazed at how many peeps are saying keep it as is with rust and dents etc ... All the scoot images I see on the forums seem to show very comprehensive restorations ?
There's a lot of dick waving. But they're only original once. Restoration money pits are two a penny. Just look at how many ochre GPs there are.
CakeAndArseParty
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Lambretta restore do a repair section for the number plate area at the back but you'd need a fabricator to do quite a bit of work to make the area around it. Not impossible though. I'm not sure how you are going to fit full panels without those sections though.

If it was me I'd strip it all down to clean and treat the hidden rust. Then build it back up, leaving the rear end and not buying any panels. I would, however, build up the front end to a standard look.

Good luck with whatever you decide
lozmondo

As is, it will draw more attention in that condition than a ten a penny resto.

sort the mechanicals and away you go. Its lovely :D
johnny LIS150

Muttley McLadd wrote:[ they're only original once. Restoration money pits are two a penny. Just look at how many ochre GPs there are.
dead right there.
My neighbours are snobs....... they don't 'get' my passion for classic cars either :roll:

Rust it is then :lol:
storkfoot wrote:Lambretta restore do a repair section for the number plate area at the back but you'd need a fabricator to do quite a bit of work to make the area around it. Not impossible though. I'm not sure how you are going to fit full panels without those sections though.

If it was me I'd strip it all down to clean and treat the hidden rust. Then build it back up, leaving the rear end and not buying any panels. I would, however, build up the front end to a standard look.

Good luck with whatever you decide
thanks storkfoot that is what I am going to do. I have the horncast which shows in one of the images. I always used to run my scooters without front mudguard panels or rear floors so I shall do the same with this one.
I shall have to fabricate a bracket to hang the number plate off but it makes sense to leave the rear missing section as it is. Part of the History of the scoot
johnny LIS150

here is my inspiration.! ;)

Love this scoot. Its obviously a well used everyday workhorse not a show-piece . Its exactly how they should be really.

Anyone recognise the make of seat ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information