Malossi mhr 210 kit

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
225worb
Main scooter: Vespa 225, Falc , 230 S2

Speed Demon wrote:That's a handy graph - the Sport look way better on that engine - more torque than the others over almost the whole rev range. So what's the betting Worb bought the MHR :D
Aye your right there stick man :P
I opted for that option because the exhaust timing is modified too and hopefully if I need to/want to have the same as me old worb top it should shouldn't need to much doing....
Ive got a few plans with the cylinder before its bolted on and I reckon its going to out perform me old unit loads.......... :roll: :roll: :roll:
225worb

New MHR malossi delivered yesterday, port transfer port comparisons are considerably bigger :o and the base tranfers are alot longer!! Ive opened out the boost port to the base of the cylinder to match my cases and viseversa on cases to cylinder.
Ive measured the exhaust to my worb cylinder and they are VERY close so thats just been cleaned up thats all..
Piston Windows and skirt modified tooo
Spigot seemed tight sliding into the cases but all seems good, ran out of time last night to fire her up but ill be ringing its neck tonight after a mile or run in.. :lol:
Cant foooooookin wait...
225worb

Rad filled, engine fired up
1st impressions are shes running again...... praise the lord !!!
Left it running for 10 mins then took her out round the block and F**K ME this things even more lary and alive than its previous carnation...
Front end skywards and the same in 2nd ... this is what want :twisted:
a lot more response from the throttle and quite a fierce power band....
To be on the save side straight away ive raised the needle 1 clip and gone from the 140 main up to a 155 ( probably a bit excessive but !!!!!) put some miles on It Saturday 2nd time lucky to the MOT; station...
Cant Wait.... 8-)
Herman
Main scooter: GP200

With the Sport version rather than the MHR, does the crank need changing or is it simply a case of putting on the top end and upping the jetting?
Autobahn
Speed Demon
Dealer

225worb wrote: even more lary and alive than its previous carnation...
)

Was this its previous carnation Nic?
Get to SULK
225worb

Close but it was black as you very well know ;)
I took it for another caining/ i mean a steady run in yesterday and manage to get into third ...this is going to be fun, MOT'd booked in Saturday ......

Oh and replaced the feather edged reeds.....makes hell of a difference tooo :twisted:
225worb

Few more miles covered, but ive had to more the needle down to its original position and don jetted to 145.....seems to have smoothed the power out no end and runs great...
Not managed to open it right up to much but what a difference.....
santacama

225worb wrote:Few more miles covered, but ive had to more the needle down to its original position and don jetted to 145.....seems to have smoothed the power out no end and runs great...
Can you say the specs of your engine: carb, crank, reeds?, exhaust, head comp., advance timing, etc.?
I am driving Malossi 221, Keihin 35 AS, MHR Reeds, MTech, Rz RH 2, Mmw head......

Thanks.
225worb

santacama wrote:
225worb wrote:Few more miles covered, but ive had to more the needle down to its original position and don jetted to 145.....seems to have smoothed the power out no end and runs great...
Can you say the specs of your engine: carb, crank, reeds?, exhaust, head comp., advance timing, etc.?
I am driving Malossi 221, Keihin 35 AS, MHR Reeds, MTech, Rz RH 2, Mmw head......

Thanks.
Hi

Well of course im now running the MHR Malossi cylinder -ive opened the base transfers to match my cases and ive had to fettle the width of my cases to suite, Ive modified all the piston windows and skirts below the gudgeon pin.
Head is originally a standard P200 type that's been centre plugged then water cooled
Crank is a serie pro reed version (mushroom webs)
Up geared
Inlet is welded and machined so booth casings are opened to allow one off reed block and Yamaha reed cage this allows the bottom of the reed cage to sit 3mm from the crank webs.
Im still using an old skool Dellorto 30mm phbh carb
Pk 50 flywheel mounted onto a p200 centre boss
!8 degrees timing
B9EV plug
That's It pretty basic really
But does go very well..... ;)
Carbon 4 plate clutch , Malossi springs, standard genuine piaggio clutch basket ect
Exhaust is a one off that goes up inside the spare wheel side panel thus having to remove spare wheel bracket
santacama

Really really good!!!!

That engine is asking for a Keihin 35 AS :twisted:

Who makes the exhaust and the head?

Pics please!!!!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information