PX Fuel pump plumbing

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

Does anyone have a diagram or theory on the optimum routing when plumbing in a vacuum pump, the usual Malossi 220 with a phbh, using a mikuni 14ltr vacuum pump.

The typical images when searching on line either 'loop' in the original line to cope with the excess or alternatively a few sites mention a return to the tank, not an issue to fit an elbow in the top of the tank but is it really necessary? hence i went for the lowest fuel rate on the pump. Also could you simply use the Dellorto twin banjo on the inlet instead of a tee piece?

Any information or advice greatly received.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

IMG_2539 by GLscoot, on Flickr

IMG_3039 by GLscoot, on Flickr

Not my work. Was sent this from someone on the vcb forum as I plan on fitting one myself, if I have to. Keep me posted on how you get on. I may need to use one as the fuel inlet on the carburettor sits slightly higher than the fuel tap and it starts to splutter around 2/3 down on the fuel tank. Also fitted sip fast flow tap.

The second picture is off my engine, you need to install a banjo on the crankcase or manifold.
gaz_powell

I used the simple mikuni type which is just a rectangle shape and has 3 connection points - one on top and one each side (with an arrow in and out)

drilled and tapped casing in same position as above

pipe from crank case went into top of pump

pipe from tank connected to the in banjo on pump and pipe from the pump out to the carb - worked perfect
lambro

gaz_powell wrote:I used the simple mikuni type which is just a rectangle shape and has 3 connection points - one on top and one each side (with an arrow in and out)

drilled and tapped casing in same position as above

pipe from crank case went into top of pump

pipe from tank connected to the in banjo on pump and pipe from the pump out to the carb - worked perfect
I use the same pumps on 2 of my small frames, but I have tapped into the inlet manifold, it works on the suck of the induction, and means less chance of swarf in the crankcase if fitting to a built lump.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information