Sneak Peak

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ducksta

Think i can get you a moulded front end already done gs style horncast built in try get u a pic
live life your a long time dead
T5-190

Next batch of fettling, there is no hole for the stator loom to exit and the xmas tree gear hits the casting and does not turn. I will be using a DRT Runner. So a bit more dye grinding to do. Also the stator backplate will need to be cut back alot to miss the tranfer port area.

With a bit of luck I will be closing the cases tomorrow and starting on the clutch fitting.
Juan

ducksta wrote:Think i can get you a moulded front end already done gs style horncast built in try get u a pic
Dear Lord, no! Accept the 80's boxiness of the PK for what it is, that's like slapping a set of Gazza plastic tits on a Boar.
ducksta

Can be adapted ie horncast area will save lots of time or help with the new moulds
live life your a long time dead
T5-190

A little more shed time today. Closed the cases and fitted the Falc clutch.

Santa bought me a new torque wrench too.

Clutch rubs on the inside of the SIP clutch cover so fitted an ally spacer to overcome this.

T5-190

A little more done the weekend. Rear hydraulic disc brake fitted, again not without its problems. A few things rubbed and needed filling and a little shimming.

The kit comes from Vespa Time and is made by Crimaz. The wheel rim is from a Vespa LX/Zip/ET4 and can be fitted with a tyre from 100 to 130 section. I went for a 130 as it has the same ratio as a 3:50 x 10.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Looking good. 8-) 8-)
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Nice work & a very interesting thread... this is shaping up to be one very trick little Vespa... 8-)
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

LI150 wrote:Looking good. 8-) 8-)
i agree looks like a very nice project, did you get a special clutch holding tool to tighten the clutch nut?
i know this is a weak area on these engines, i build a polini 135 evo for my sons 50 special, the clutch basket would work loose every so often and need replacing, as did the xmas tree gear, he did ride it like he stole it though, i also had clearance issues with flyweel hitting the transfer ports, keep up the good work, and good luck,
holty
:D
T5-190

Hi holty, in the very poor instuctions that came with the Falc clutch ( they were in Italian ) it tells you to tighten the clutch nut to 50 NM. And to use a little high strength loctite on the threads. But however I used a DRT xmas tree which has a bigger thread and nut. Believe it or not it is M11. Also there is a tab washer to knock over in two places. The trick to holding the clutch basket on this type of clutch is to place a 2p piece between the two cogs whilst tightening up the nut. But on a standard type clutch you can use a clutch holding tool which looks like a cluch steel plate with an arm welded on like a Lambretta one. Here's a picture of a home made one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information