Any quick answers

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bifter
Main scooter: vespa p210

Are there any cheap ways to get a bit more out of my casa 185 ? it has i believe a standard carb and a af clubman pipe .Does changing the carb and pipe do much ? can they be ported any more ?
olliewtf
Main scooter: Lambretta Li S3

Not ever seen one but as far as im aware its a pretty conservative kit therefore there should be some meat there to do some porting on. An exhaust will be the most notable power increase tool, particularly if matched with a bigger carb but this is where one really needs to co sider what they really want. Ive gone down this route and im going to stage 4 my 175 with an expansion and 28 m carb. However this involves a change in where the scooter makes power therefore affecting how it drives in town and on the open road. Other things to consider is if youve changed the crank for gp type and bearings. Also another simple check is to change your gearing. For example if this kit is on a 125 box with standard sprockets youll be tunning out of gear, upping the front sprocket will help allow you to reach higher speeds. Post your exact spec and what you want to achieve and we can go from there!
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Would have thought a MB big bore clubman will help if you want to keep it looking standard. Ask MB....
Bifter

Not at all worried about looking standard

Not sure i can report the exact spec without splitting the engine
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Well, you've got Scootopia on your doorstep. Why don't you ask Danny?
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

The casa is a great kit but it does not like to rev. It does however pull like a train. I ran a 125 box that some will tell you to ditch. It will acept a big front sproket and good 125 1st gear will get you rolling without problem. It will be a quick change into 2nd then pull all the way through to 4th then stop dead. I ran a 46x 17 with no problems with a 22mm jetex and costalotti. In the quest for some more revs I raised the inlet by 3mm and opened upbthe exhorst port. A bord out 22mm carb to 25mm gave it an extra 5 mph. Unfortunatly some scroat saw me doing runs down the bypass tweaking the carb and stole it from a locked garage. In its standard form it was bullit proof unlike my muggelo.
fastfrog
Main scooter: T5 mk1, SS180, PX200 millenium

also a matter of timing both ignition and porting... I've been told casa 185 is quite conservative...in the second field...
If you opt for a more revy timing (>120/170°) then a variable ignition set could be the best way to combine power past 6000 and torque at bottom end. Maybe the top block cdi is this newly programmable CDI including high grade coil and condo called Kheper V2....
http://WWW.KHEPER-SCOOTER.COM
Size matters!
Bifter

Cheers guys i will ask Danny what's in there and then go and see Mr Baker i think .Easier to say "Paul make it faster " :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information