Insurance questions? barry?

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
mat8n

Here's the thing, i've got my son a LX50 for my sons 16th in a few months.
2 questions....ish

1, I have a full bike licence and insured on my bike with a classic policy so i cant get the vespa covered under that policy....will my 'riding any other bike' part cover me to ride the scooter 3rd party even if the scoot isn't insured in its own right yet?(it's registered in his name)

2, when we come to insure the scooter for the boy, is it possible to get me with a full bike licence, my wife with a full car/moped licence and him with his 16 year old provisional licence all on the same policy? (also have 19 year old who might want a go!, does he need a cbt?) what would be the best way to go about insuring the scooter?

Thanks

Matt
Barry@Bikesure

Hello Matt,

You will need to check your terms in your policy booklet but 99% of the time, if you have the benefit to ride other bikes then the other bike will need to be insured for road use in somebodies name.

You can add additional riders on the policy but be aware that this can sometimes increase premiums. All riders will need to be legal to ride the bike too so unless your 19 year old son has a Full Motorcycle licence, he will also need a CBT. You would also need to insure it in the 16 year old's name.

At Bikesure, we can insure a bike up to 30 days before obtaining a CBT so we might be able to help you out if you need to ride it before he will be able to ride it.

Drop me a PM if you want to go through a quote.

Thanks

Barry
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information