Fuel.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Basher
Main scooter: SX 150/175

Now it's been 30 odd years since I last owned a Lambretta and the choice of petrol was either 2 or 4 star, the previous owner handed me a jerry can of fuel, but that's all been used, so my question is.......when I pull up for fuel........from the unleaded choice on the forecourts what should I be using.

Thanks.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

I would go for ordinary unleaded (95 RON) mixed at 3 or 4 %

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Whatever you do, don't use the higher Ethanol content crap.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Basher
Main scooter: SX 150/175

Not 2% as suggested by the previous owner!
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I wouldn't. 2% just doesn't give you enough wiggle room to suit a variety of riding conditions. It'll run, and probably okay if you're just pottering around. But, on a longer journey and with higher speeds you should be looking at 3% of good quality semi on small block engines or 4% on a 200.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Super unleaded every time! 3% semi synth on standard set ups and fully synth on tuned set ups and kits.

Rich'
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

I always preferred super unleaded, but one day I thought I would ask the woman that work in the petrol station just how often she sells the expensive stuff, this is a busy garage, she reckoned that in her 40 hour week she only serves 1 or 2 people with it

so just how long does it sit in the tanks?
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

tonydevon wrote:I always preferred super unleaded, but one day I thought I would ask the woman that work in the petrol station just how often she sells the expensive stuff, this is a busy garage, she reckoned that in her 40 hour week she only serves 1 or 2 people with it

I'm going to use that quote on a new thread about octane booster.
eden
Dealer

tonydevon wrote:I always preferred super unleaded, but one day I thought I would ask the woman that work in the petrol station just how often she sells the expensive stuff, this is a busy garage, she reckoned that in her 40 hour week she only serves 1 or 2 people with it

When you travel in Europe you can smell the difference between our super and theirs, The only thing I can put this down to is the fact that over there most people use super and over here not many people do. I still always put the highest octane fuel available on the forecourt when ever I fill up at any petrol station.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Just goes to show its down to personal choice...I usually stick the cheap stuff in but that's just me being a miserable barsteward :D I'll need to conduct a survey with the temp gauge one day :|
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information