Vespa cable routing for a vespa virgin

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Don't let anyone tell me that its hard to work on a lambretta. Just started fiddling around with a Vespa and so far, they are awkward. Anyway, just changed engines and looks like I have got the cabling wrong. In respect of the gears, rear barake and clutch, I guess that these should all go below the engine mount and over the top of the exhaust Is that so and I suppose that I need to take out the engine bolt, drop the engine slightly and re-route? (See photo below.)

And whilst we are at it, have I got the cabling route correct around the top end cylinder?

Thanks

Paul

acko

The gear cables come out of the right hand side of the frame and go past the front of the exhaust down pipe and into the two adjusters.
The clutch cable sits in the adjuster under the engine/frame.
Only the rear brake cable goes through where you have it.
Better to be someone for a day than no-one for a lifetime
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Thanks Acko it all makes sense now. But had to drop front engine down to release trapped cables. But still buggering around trying to get front of engine lined up with bolt holes; all very tight but it's been in before.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

If you are ever doing it again, where you are changing the outers as well, the best thing is to push through an extra long throttle cable through the new outer and then through the old outer while still in the frame and pull the old one out at the same time push the new one through, if you no what I mean. You can do this with all the cable outers. The extra long throttle cable is for the Ape, when you are ordering it.
acko

You're welcome.
Better to be someone for a day than no-one for a lifetime
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information