clutch contrast spring

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
dragsterjohnny
Main scooter: italjet dragster 125 lc 2t

got a variator from italjet.co.cuk £60 comes with big contra spring. the original variator was worn but when we sanded the burr's off from the inside of the channels it goes like a turbo!! when you add more throttle the suspension rises. anyway, its worn back to how it was and now we have fitted the new variator and the contra spring. now italjet say this new one will be more afective in the low rpm range, yes it revs higher but i feel that the high revs could be used more throughout the gears.you see with this new one the suspension doesnt rise , just more low end revs wonder if i should put the original contra spring back on? what does this contra spring do anway? i aint no mechanic lol by the way the clutch pad springs are the soft malossi green.
e type

Tbh u need to be running a powerful set up to be changing from standard on contra spring ...because this spring just opens an closes the V that the belt sits in on clutch ..they seem to shift the power around where it comes in ..just like changing the clutch pad springs ...if that makes sense .. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information