Uprated Lambretta Clutch...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
J1MS

nooch wrote:i'm like you shocky... when i first built my ts1 i went through clutches every 100 miles so got in touch with jem booth who told me to put an original italian spider in because they are cyanide hardened (marked with a triangle on the underside)... managed to prise one off jem and rebuilt clutch using surflex b plates (4) and taffspeed uprated spings.... clutch was in for 3 years attending loads of runs and rideouts mostly 2 up for a full year .. never held back on the power and alot of the rideouts were up hill and down dale... only replaced the plates for this year because i felt i had to not because they were knackered....
That was my original setup.... which I also fitted to most of the engines Ive built... but it was soon destroyed when I fitted it to my TS.....
I tried several different makes of plates and springs with no joy... so I then put a center spring in with Taffspeed springs.... Then the rivites started parting company with the spider.... so I fitted another Italian spider...
But now the center spring was making the clutch too stiff for me to pull in... so I asked a few people which clutch would be best in a standard Sprocket ....A Taffspeed one was reccommended by several people, so I fitted one, no slip and no drag .... but if ridden at slow speeds the clutch grabbed and started to make it less than a pleasure to ride so this is where I am at now... The engine to date has gone through three hardened Italian spiders with the little triangles on them...most makes of plates and most makes of springs... I dont just want a reliable strong clutch I want it as light as possible to use.. my left hand isnt as strong as it was following an accident back in 94... but I still think there must be a setup thats cheap and reliable and light to use ..... More sugestions please... :) ...
Last edited by J1MS on Sat May 23, 2009 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

soulsurfer wrote:Is it the same as the one on here?...
http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... tch#p19900
How much are they?
Yes, apart from the hydraulic bit.

J1MS

corrado wrote:
soulsurfer wrote:Is it the same as the one on here?...
http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... tch#p19900
How much are they?
Yes, apart from the hydraulic bit.

So how much does this setup cost..?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

£150 plus shipping from Vietnam.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information