piaggio hexagon!!!!!!!!!

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
shamrockexpress

what are the differences between the new and older hexagons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have aquired a 2002 180 2t is this the same motor as the runner 180 2t?
i have also aquired an older model mid 90s 125 2t is this a predecessor to runner engine or unique to hexagons.....
really enjoying sorting out these 2 stroke cruisers is there any other hexagon riders/owners bout here????
regards
AUTOBRETTA

is the hexagon AC,and the runner is LC,but same engine,all but.
shamrockexpress

the older one i have 125cc is also LC it is a slightly different casing so i was curious what engine this was the predeceesor to!!
scooterslag

Loved my old 2-stroke MK1 hexagon, one of the best scooters I've ever owned, easy to maintain and look after, uber practical and nippy as f@@k even though it was a 125cc, even liked the strange manga-type styling 8-)
The mack daddy on the left!
shamrockexpress

As per Stickys scootering road test these scoots where using all the best 2 stroke goodies available at the time hich made them a tried and tested commuter and to be fair never got a second look from scooterboys........me included as during the 90s the lammie reassurgence was back and riding a vespa was bad enough.......
Only recently i have came across theses 180 hexagons for sale....................they can be picked up for less than the price of a TS1 kit and i can testify a 180cc liquid cooled hexagon watercooled ,reed valve , fuel pump , performance standard style expansion will see a standard ts1 out of its way with the added bonus of reliability and fuel consumption.
These are alot of scooter for the money and i do appreciate no traditonal classic lines but hey there is always a price to be paid for performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I personally find them a joy to ride and whilst not a fan of automatics its the 2 stroke technolgy spurs me on not to mention price so lads and lassies take a test ride soon you might just enjoy it as i have so i,ve now got myself 2..180s ..........................
Last edited by shamrockexpress on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scooterslag

oh yes they are great value for money, after another 2-stroker 125 now but all I can find is project bikes nothing road worthy.
The mack daddy on the left!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information