New MB PX 200 Box pipe

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
philhnottm
Main scooter: px (s)

Any one got one of these ??

Ran a JL , running a SIP Road Race.

Thinking of putting it on my daily runner which is a Sausage Speed 210.

If his Vespa parts are as good as his Lambretta parts must be worth a punt??

I know the hype talks about really high HP but will it make a difference to a steady tune as opposed to balls out racer???

Not a bad price either ??

Thoughts??

Cheers

Phil
Bifter
Main scooter: vespa p210

I asked the same question on facebook and in the general section on here but as yet no replies ,i have looked at the figures mb have put out and the pipe seems to have a broader spread of power than the sip road and a longer power band .The main thing for me as well is it just looks better quality than the sip which i believe is made at the sito factory and we know how they rot out
Bifter
Main scooter: vespa p210

I have now bitten the bullet and bought one ,should be here tomorrow .Got a good deal at Twisted Rods ;) .I will let you know what i think when it arrives but i chose this over the sip because it just looks better quality and is meant to have a better spread of power
philhnottm
Main scooter: px (s)

Buying mine from Tom David at Twisted Rods also.

Having done more research it states will give more torque through the gears than the SIP road race and slight increase on top end.

Running Dellorto 28mm open mouth carb with 120 main jet on the Sip so wondering what I should jet carb at for the MB ??
ArmandTanzarian

I'd be interested in knowing what it sounds like. The MB / BGM on my Lambretta is annoyingly loud. The SIP Road sounds more or less like a normal PX.

I also note that the MB costs half as much again as the SIP
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Have one on my standard p2, happy with it , but only been a short run .
Early indications are good though, revs out more and saw 70mph on the speedo reasonably easy.
Whilst not earth shattering acceleration, certainly an improvement over standard pipe and without the loss of traction up hills and into headwinds which a dedicated expansion would.
I think it would work extremely well on a kitted bike , which i'll be doing shortly. :D
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

I'll let you know soon as I pick mine up, I'll be fitting it to a tuned malossi with mb reed valve and 30mm delly. Previously had a scorpion pipe and had just over 22hp and 19lb torque, so be interesting to see how it pulls
gpts1

I have one on my sportique,208 Polini with twin ring gran sport with ported exhaust port,28 kehin, 19hp, 17fp torque. very nice exhaust, nice and smooth, only thing that let it down was found 4 small pin holes in it when i lightly media blasted it back for coating, and my stand hits the down pipe.
ducksta

any pics of one
live life your a long time dead
gpts1

here are a couple

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information