Help Needed to register original UK reg series 1

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wax

Hello Folks.

A mate of mine brought this series 1 about a year ago. He isnt really into scooters (he is an aircooled VW nut), so i pretended not to be too interested and played the long game....

Well, i got the call, a few weeks ago, saying he was short on cash and would i like it? Needless to say, I snapped his hand off.

I have been told that it has been off the road since 1973, as the original owner, my mates mum, stopped using it when she became pregnant. It has been stood since.

I was promised a log book, but after countless texts and phone calls, i have drawn a blank. I have no paperwork, just the number plates and frame number to go on. I have a mate with an MOT station, and he ran a check on the reg, and its no longer in use, or on their data base.

So, i really want to keep the original number plate, as you can imagine. Are there any other records out there that i can use to help me get the DVLA on side. Its from the Nottingham area, if that helps?
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
tea5ive
Main scooter: cometa 140

you could do a vehicle check with the dvla online https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPo ... ution=e1s1. then apply for the log book with a £25 fee and a v62 form. hope this helps cheers simon
RICSPEED

get onto pete at lambretta archives he will give you the help and paper work needed to hopefully retain that number plate ... (which will have missed the buff to v5 change over...hence not been on the system)
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
RICSPEED

Rich

The reg is from Kent so it might be worth getting in touch with the new Maidstone library which I think has all the records from the old Kent archive. They may be able to provide the original sales/registration but there are some gaps. I had a problem with re-registering a 1962 TV3 as they didn't have records for this particular year but got around it in the end.
tea5ive
Main scooter: cometa 140

wax already has the reg no and vin no so it should be a straight forward v62 form. I have just done this with my sx200 (1966 first reged in uk june 66, no log book but had reg plate still atatched), having said that my scooter was still on the system so could be different. cheers simon
carlos fandango

Just ring the dvla and speak to them, if the number is not in use somewhere else they will /should let you have it, but as non transferable .
I have done this with an LD i brought with no paper work but with the original plates on it.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
ArmandTanzarian

Rich wrote:....... but got around it in the end.

:D
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
RICSPEED

tea5ive wrote:wax already has the reg no and vin no so it should be a straight forward v62 form. I have just done this with my sx200 (1966 first reged in uk june 66, no log book but had reg plate still atatched), having said that my scooter was still on the system so could be different. cheers simon
yes as it will have missed the change to v5 from buff (75 was it??) pete will be his best bet as im certain appling for the log book will draw a blank and simply result in the application being sent back (happened to brother in law) he is of course welcome to try this first
roli-olo

I had same with a lis150.still had reg number on scoot but no other docs.I had to get a copy of the page from (Dorset)county archive.then send pics of complete scoot to Peter Davies.Then sent his letter and v55 to dvla.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information