Available Close Ratio 4 speed Gearboxes......

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

....what's out there?

The AF close ratio gearboxes were cheap as chips @ £95 a pop....but no stock any more (anyone got one for sale?)

Then the CamLam Close ratio is a massive 10 x price jump at £950 and is out of my price range.....

So what else is available for close ratio boxes.....anything? Or a void in the market?

Interested to know, as I'm putting a sprint engine together over winter.... :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Shuggie

think i've got one in the garage , i'll have a look and get back to you , might not get a chance to look until saturday tho............hope yer not in a rush!!!
drunkmunkey6969

Shuggie wrote:think i've got one in the garage , i'll have a look and get back to you , might not get a chance to look until saturday tho............hope yer not in a rush!!!
Much appreciated...
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
YAMLAM

Then the CamLam Close ratio is a massive 10 x price jump at £950 and is out of my price range...

might as well buy a cyclone 5 speed !
win or lose have a booze
soulsurfer

Wasn't the Harry Barlow converted SX150 box, a close ratio?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
drunkmunkey6969

YAMLAM wrote:Then the CamLam Close ratio is a massive 10 x price jump at £950 and is out of my price range...

Exactly! But as it's for a sprinter.... every chance I will break a gear now and then, so looking for something lower priced to make replacements easier.
RICSPEED

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
YAMLAM wrote:Then the CamLam Close ratio is a massive 10 x price jump at £950 and is out of my price range...

Exactly! But as it's for a sprinter.... every chance I will break a gear now and then, so looking for something lower priced to make replacements easier.
not to mention a few sliding dogs
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
willwander

Chiselspeed will make you one up, have a word with Martin.
I've been sprinting with one for over two years never had an issue with gearboxes, broken teeth or sliding dogs.
standing mile: 118.6mph
1/4 mile: 14.04 seconds - 93mph
RICSPEED

the reason i mention the sliding dogs is that some sprinters say clutchless gear changes .. i cant quite bring myself to do that though
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

I started out using close ratio gearboxes but now use an italian li150, i know some others use same gearbox. Been doing clutchless gear changes for the 3 years now ive been sprinting , usually only need to change the sliding dog once or twice in a year, just use cheap sil dont waste money on expensive type they last no longer, it gives much less chance of missing a gear and much quicker times over the 1/4 mile.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information