RB or Avanti?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mark1
Main scooter: gp

I'm going to be building an engine next year on an Indian GP150 casing. I've not decided which way to go yet.
Its going to be a bare case rebuild so I've got to buy most bits but I can't decide what top end to put on it.
I've read the reviews of the Avanti kit and really fancy it but then again I quite like the RB.
To make things worse we've been out today and my mates been out on his RB250 which is running sweet as.

So what do I choose. Hooligan or super tourer?
philtrate
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA GP RB225

Hooligan everytime
soulsurfer

You'd have to modify your 150 casing first, of buy a 200 casing. You also need to decide what you want it for, before making your choice ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
mark1
Main scooter: gp

I've got someone sorted to weld the cases so its just a matter of what to choose.

Very tempted by the Avanti but the RB looks like a load of fun.
Chutney Brownlove

How about an RB with an Avanti head? With the right carb properly jetted could be a cool running fast motor.
RICSPEED

Chutney Brownlove wrote:How about an RB with an Avanti head? With the right carb properly jetted could be a cool running fast motor.
yep ... and avanti cowl of course

but as said do you want to razz about or sit at a comfortable pace as in touring ??
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Avanti wins hands down i'd say
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

The Avanti is very much a "plug n play" which gives great results and good reliability. From reading up on the RB and talking to owners a bit more mechanical knowledge is required to set these up. To get the full benefits of the kit modifications to the casings would be needed. So.....if you use the 150 casing i would go RB as whilst the work to modify to a 200 is done the casing strengthening could also be be undertaken.

I run an Avanti and can't fault it. I've 2 150 casings and i'm also having the dilemma of what to do with them, common sense says go RB but my heart is with the Avanti....
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

What about the RT195 on the small block casings?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information