Readspeed electronic ignition

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
john.t5

Could anyone tell me what the readings should be to test the low tension coil and the pick up on one of these systems? Keeps blowing CDI units.

Cheers

John
john.t5

Please??? :D
Speed Demon
Dealer

Readspeed???
Get to SULK
john.t5

Have asked them on the phone - no info given, they did suggest sending the stator for them to check but why not just give me the info???

Have emailed them and asked on their Facebook page also.

Thought somebody might have been able to help here while I wait for them

Cheers
carlos fandango

Which one is it ? single or three phase ? ive got a three phase one i can check tomorrow if its the same ?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
john.t5

Is there an easy way to tell what type it is? It runs a CDI with 3 connections - red, white and green if that means anything :D

Engine was bought with it fitted so I don't really know!

Appreciate the offer btw!

John
carlos fandango

The single phase one has 4 coils, like a variatroni. and the three phase has 7 or 8 coils .
Mines 3 ish years old and the coil/cdi is like a motorbike (coil master igniter ) ill take a pis and some reading tomorrow for you.
Ive noticed the newer ones have a vespa type cdi ? Are you trying a normal vespa cdi ? as i wouldnt think they are compatible ??
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
carlos fandango

Or you could try the manufacturer http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/
john.t5

It seems to be like a vespa cdi but with only 3 connectors. I'll pull the flywheel off later an see how many coils. If you can check those readings anyway please.
Cheers.
john.t5

My Stator plate...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information