RB20 dyno

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
carlos fandango

I had my rb20 dynoed on friday
SPEC . std kit matched to casings and manifolds,Readspeed head, JL3, tmx35, 17deg timing and 4.8 final ratio

Whats the cause of the flat spot around 5200 rpm? is it the tmx?
I had a 30mm phbh on it before i swapped to the tmx i haven`t noticed much of a difference except in fuel consumption :shock: it wasdoing about 75 miles per std tank :D now abut 45m :( so im on the look out for a 30mm flatslide.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
sydduckett

Out of curisoty why did you go for the Jl as oppsed to the NK?

sef
shocky

sydduckett wrote:Out of curisoty why did you go for the Jl as oppsed to the NK?

sef
prob becouse of the 4.8 final drive the nk wouldnt have much tourqu low down and hittin a head wind would slow you down or make you change down a gear
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
carlos fandango

shocky wrote:
sydduckett wrote:Out of curisoty why did you go for the Jl as oppsed to the NK?

sef
prob becouse of the 4.8 final drive the nk wouldnt have much tourqu low down and hittin a head wind would slow you down or make you change down a gear
Erm... not quite... it was because i had one :oops: i had to modify it though ;)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
coaster

Impressive figures though, what's it like to ride?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

What jetting are you running, and what was your Air/Fuel graph like? Did Readspeed discuss lean/rich spots with you or what jetting changes could be made? Top end power after the peak seems a bit rough, any further info?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Just to state that as far as I know Jerome's dyno was 'back calculated' to the crank. So if this is still the case (and it does say engine power on graph) it would be a few hp less than stated if it was run on a more conventional rear wheel reading dyno as per scootering article and comparison. But even say 16 bolt on is good from this cc.. nice one.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Not bad out the box

One thing I query is your gear ratio 4.8 yet only get 68Mph @8600
Doesn't calc out ??
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Nice to see a Dyno with this specs, i am thinking to do something similar, but with the AF std head and a 5.0 gearbox ratio.
With 4.8 ratio at 8600rpm the speed is 90mph or not?
shocky

RinB wrote:Not bad out the box

One thing I query is your gear ratio 4.8 yet only get 68Mph @8600
Doesn't calc out ??
PROB A 3RD GEAR RUN
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information