One for Barry@Bikesure

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
coaster

You sound like you are doing 100% more than most then Barry 8-)
Barry@Bikesure

coaster wrote:You sound like you are doing 100% more than most then Barry 8-)
Thanks, I appreciate that.

It's what I'm hear for. I'll try and explain as much as possible, whether it be through a Bikesure policy or not.
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

Barry@Bikesure wrote: Beyond that, there's not an awful lot you can do but ask about each modification on our list singularly, (theres well over 200 so we could be there for a while).

Where could one see that list Barry? I ask because an insurers definition of "standard" and my definition legally speaking would need to be exactly the same in order for cover to be guaranteed,wouldn't they?. I imagine that the number of truly standard Lambrettas left in Ireland and the UK would be very small if the likes of a chain guide upgrade is listed as a modification.
Barry@Bikesure

diesel wrote:
Barry@Bikesure wrote: Beyond that, there's not an awful lot you can do but ask about each modification on our list singularly, (theres well over 200 so we could be there for a while).

Where could one see that list Barry? I ask because an insurers definition of "standard" and my definition legally speaking would need to be exactly the same in order for cover to be guaranteed,wouldn't they?. I imagine that the number of truly standard Lambrettas left in Ireland and the UK would be very small if the likes of a chain guide upgrade is listed as a modification.
You can see our list of modifications by getting a quote on our website. You may find however that not everything you will not find an option for everything you have done on the bike. For these cases, you would need to choose 'other'.

And I would probably be inclined to agree with you, but as stated before, something like a chain wouldn't affect your price anyway but it's just something the insurers need to be aware of.

Thanks

Barry
RICSPEED

whats the deal with the short turm cover while registering a scoot then ??
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Barry@Bikesure

Not sure I follow what you mean by 'short term cover'.

What you would do is set up a 12 months insurance but instead of giving us the registration, you give us the chassis/frame/VIN number.

We will then give you a period of time to get the bike registered (usually 30 days) and then as soon as it is registered then you give us the registration number. Once we have the registration, the insurance continues as normal.
RICSPEED

I see .. I was under the impression that you took out a poicy of 14 days only .. then upon registering a revised policy with the reg number for a year as per norm ... ill try have a bash at the v55/5 and then best I speak to you on phone
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

RICSPEED wrote:I see .. I was under the impression that you took out a poicy of 14 days only .. then upon registering a revised policy with the reg number for a year as per norm ... ill try have a bash at the v55/5 and then best I speak to you on phone
That is normally how it works.
Did you have to do that?
Barry@Bikesure

DigDug wrote:
RICSPEED wrote:I see .. I was under the impression that you took out a poicy of 14 days only .. then upon registering a revised policy with the reg number for a year as per norm ... ill try have a bash at the v55/5 and then best I speak to you on phone
Not with ourselves and as far as I know, that is how most other companies operate.

The policy would only get updated, not set up for another 12 months.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Barry@Bikesure wrote:
DigDug wrote:
Not with ourselves and as far as I know, that is how most other companies operate.

The policy would only get updated, not set up for another 12 months.

Sorry misread your post - I stand corrected as my experience has been as you describe. :oops:
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information