Engine diagnostics please.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

the jetting in general on an ignition with an advance curve will need to be richer in the areas where more advance exits and can be a touch leaner where its more retarded ,your basically fueling the ignition curve
ive found the popular 35mm mikuni on reed set ups needs to be in the 25 / 27.5 range but if advanced and high comp could be higher but if retarded and low comp could be lower ,the pipe in use in particular the stinger size plays a role too
best advise is to set it up rich so it splutters on pilot , needle and main jet and slowly bring it down until it just clears ,the choke can help you establish if a motor likes a richer set up or for a quicker turnaround and no need to purchase a load of jets etc. pop it to a reputable 2 stroke dyno facility eg diablo/scooterotica/jb/me/b race/replay/chisel/readspeed/ etc etc apologies to any missed
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

The nearest dyno to me is 2 countries away, (I think maybe scooters and service in Hamburg).

Thanks again for the advice.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

A small update on this.

I`ve been thrashing around on my scooter tonight and messing around with the jets.

There is no problem using the 27.5 pilot, it is rich but it rides a lot, lot better.

Started on a 350 main, ended up on a 330. Same needle raised one notch, so middle clip.

Choke sorted.

Its easier to start now without the terrible kick-back and the guys in my club are in for a supprise because it now rips my arms off when it hits the power!

Going to do some plug chops on friday when we go out but its not racing anymore and i`m pretty sure its getting enough @ 1/4 throttle.

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information