Parmakit 225 ??? info needed

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

Hi
I am working on a PX engine that is said to have a Parmakit 225 top end. However I stripped it last night and yes it has a 225 piston (one circlip fell out before I could touch it), barrel is cast iron and looks like a standard one that has been rebored, the head hasn't been altered and a standard head gasket fitted and damaged due to being for a 200.

question - do Parmakit make a 225 iron barrel kit? do they mark the barrels with their name (like Polini & Malossi do)?

think that will do for starters, I will strip the rest tomorrow night and see where that takes me! deep joy! :roll:
roadrunnerian

try beedspeed they do a 225 barrel or pm tuning they do parma kits.
gaz_powell

i have seen one and from the brief look it appeared to be simply a pattern barrel with standard port layout bored to 225 - nothing special

I didnt measure the ports etc but on first look nothing stood out - it uses a standard base gasket

The piston was all standard

they dont come with a head or exhaust stub - which would explain why someone not completely clued up would just bolt there on head back on with out modification.
Bifter
Main scooter: vespa p210

Could of sworn in the article in this months scootering they said they were thinking of doing one for a 200 so i take that to mean they don't make one at the moment
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I've had a new Parma 225 barrel and piston in the garage for over 2 years....not got round to using it yet. They barrel appears to be a standard layout, iron barrel, bored to 225. I think i bought it on-line from PSN tuning, cost about £100 (couple of years ago).
smiffy1968
Main scooter: Nevermind Mk1 T5

Parmakit 225 would be a beast of a top end. The top end you are talking about mick1 is not a Parma kit. Generic copy of original, there would be a whole world of difference. I only hope they make one for the P Range large block.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

smiffy1968 wrote:Parmakit 225 would be a beast of a top end. The top end you are talking about mick1 is not a Parma kit. Generic copy of original, there would be a whole world of difference. I only hope they make one for the P Range large block.
Same as this http://www.pmtuning.co.uk/parmakit-spor ... espa-p200e

Says it's a Parmakit 225 for a P2 ....... saying that i know what you mean, this is just a bored outn standard barrel with no modifications as you would expect from a "Tuning House" such as Parma..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information