CHT fitment on SIL speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MAB

Sorry if this has already been asked but I can't find it .Regarding the temp lead can the threaded fitting that screws into the red spark plug ring be installed into one of the head fins with good results ?

Cheers
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

is there a reason you can't use the plug ring?

Usually the best reading will be obtained from there, that said, I don't see why it couldn't work, the reading might be lower than under the plug tho'...

One you get to know what's normal for your motor you should be able to tell if things are heading in the wrong direction.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
MAB

Thanks for the reply rosscla I've not ordered one just yet its just I was going to buy a temp gauge(which is important to me) and my speedo is next to useless so thought the Sip speedo will sort both out. Regarding the plug ring its just bits I have read on the forum and scootering really regarding issues but not sure who they got round it.

Cheers
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

the plug ring needs the cowling and the head fin around the plug trimming away so extra work there and running the 2 wires together from plug and temp signal can cause interferance causing the unit to read erraticly so cable shielding may be needed

but as ross said once youve established a datum of whats normal temps or not you can work with it
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
MAB

Cheers Darrell iam not one for messing about to much with the head Darrell do you think tapping one of the fins would be ok :?:

Mark
joespeed

MAB wrote:Cheers Darrell iam not one for messing about to much with the head Darrell do you think tapping one of the fins would be ok :?:

Mark

thats a good idea,but get to know what is safe with your engine,
theres something in the fact that sip supplies a box full of the spark plug rings!!!
MAB

Mmmm :shock:
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

I bolted one of mine to a fin on the head, works fine. However, I drilled a clearance hole as the thread is not a common Metric Coarse, I seem to recall I worked it out to be an American one.
coaster

sideout wrote:I bolted one of mine to a fin on the head, works fine. However, I drilled a clearance hole as the thread is not a common Metric Coarse, I seem to recall I worked it out to be an American one.
Which bit did you bolt to the head? the plug ring or did you bolt the screw in lead dirceclty to the head?
MAB

Iam thinking it will be the threaded lead that screws in the plug ring .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information