62mm black MEC crank

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fishi

Hi,

any body knows if there exists 62mm black MEC cranks?

Not modified 60mm crank webs with stepped crank pin!

Straight 62mm webs... ???

THX
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
fishi

THX, yes...

but I do not remember ever seen/heared from MEC or TAMENI cranks with straight 62mm crankwebs.....
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I like the idea of those. Now I just need to talk to someone about offset pins and longer rods so that I can go bigger again.

What is available in the 64+mm stroke range?

Adam
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Adam_Winstone wrote:I like the idea of those. Now I just need to talk to someone about offset pins and longer rods so that I can go bigger again.
I'd guess you'd need to weld up the outside of the case then, so that when you machine the 2mm for the webs, and the 1-2mm for the pin and rod combo....you don't end up with your cases disintegrating! lol
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

The cases are already heavily welded and machined so only the 2mm would be needed to be taken out of the main crank web area (1mm off the diameter). I'd have thought the casing thickness would allow for this 1mm to be removed without it becoming too weak (?).

That said, my other 64mm stroke crank has normal web diameter so this seems to add little to what is already available out there. Ideally the webs wouold be bigger still but then you're getting into the realms of the DACTEK cases (anyone got a crank and cases for sale cheap?).

Adam
Yanker

Adam_Winstone wrote: That said, my other 64mm stroke crank has normal web diameter so this seems to add little to what is already available out there.
Adam
Well, Is the pin 'outer edge' to web OD distance improved?

This does offer more stroke increase porential over anything else? off the shelf

With less pin fitting problems to achieve the same result concentrically

With the possibility of fitting an exentric pin for more stroke still, without running out of room on the web for +2mm

That length stroke must stretch most of the 'off the shelf' kits port timings to the limit: especially transfer, with little room for manoever.

If you are starting with a blank unported cylinder then OK

PS. Marco/LTH's desctiption suggest they have different rod versions in the pipeline
Train Driver

It has to be 64x120 or don't bother :lol:
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Train Driver

It has to be 64x120 or don't bother :lol:
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information