Scooter Shootout 21st 22nd Sept

BSSO race info, reviews, plus rider and scooter tech info.
bishop

Simple question really. Is there enough support to run the shootout this year as with the downturn in scooter sprint entry's, we might not run it if there is not enough support,,,,Trev
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

It would be a real shame tbh, I really enjoyed last years event.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

I will be absolutely gutted if this event dosnt take place. Unfortunatly with the lower attendance last year over the first year i can see why your asking this question Trevor. I know Pm-tuning have helped sponser this event but the involvement of other scooter dealers, organisations, magazines and advertising is what is needed for this event to succeed. How about a one day event this year?
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Count me in and one or two others, had a great time last time round :-)
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

I am going and riding too.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
hotwheels

One of the reasons the attendance was down last year was because there was doubt over wether it would happen !!!!! And guess what ! Same thing again ..........the idea of a promoter is to promote an event with pr, marketing and pro active virals on forums etc.... To create a buzz, this has the potential to be fantastic but come on let's really get some "mojo" back and support this event!!!!!!!!!!
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

hotwheels wrote:One of the reasons the attendance was down last year was because there was doubt over wether it would happen !!!!! And guess what ! Same thing again ..........the idea of a promoter is to promote an event with pr, marketing and pro active virals on forums etc.... To create a buzz, this has the potential to be fantastic but come on let's really get some "mojo" back and support this event!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. Book it, promote the s**t out of it, and make it happen......people will flock!

The onus is on the promoter/organiser to MAKE the event.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

Promotion is the key issue here Bishop, couldnt this be run with rest of straightlineers community also ,I remember Santa pod scooter weekend the take up rate for overall sprinting was way down( but at least i didnt have to que ). The sprint scene as like track racing does intergrate bikes and scooters together at an event to make the event viable.
potato
hotwheels

It's good if it can be kept scooter only otherwise not really a scooter shootout, the first one was well attended but as I recall there was a lot of bickering over the second one and doubts over wether it would happen, now I know that already at least 20 scooters are coming from the south meaning digs have been booked deposits paid, days off work arranged etc.......the santa pod back with the mods event wasnt well attended by scooterists and racers because of the shitty name!!! again bad promotion and it clashed with other rallys, the name was thought of by a luvvy in a london pr agency :shock: loads of comedy mods as the NAME appealed to them ..... but they aint gonna be sprinting lets face it!!!!! (i enjoyed it as a weekend tho, but uptake for the track was poor and also bloody expensive when added to entry costs) the shootout is very different and good fun but I havnt seen one add for it in the scootering press or websites ........these events don't just HAPPEN they need to be well organised and advertised and if they are then I'm sure can be profitable for same organiser, come on let's SHOUT it out not whimper that it may not, if you hesitate at the start of a sprint race you ain't ever gonna win it are you .............
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I live in York and like the idea of the Scooter Shootout. I agree that the event is poorly marketed (i've just googled it to check it was Elvington again). I'm not aware of any local clubs being approached about the event which would be good marketing as the York area is a bit of hot-bed for the scooter scene.

It's probably too late for this year but the YSA may have made a good partner for this event. They had one one of their "Inland Invasions" about 3 miles from Elvington a couple of years ago, with numbers well over a thousand.

I agree that other scooter events make it hard to get large numbers at any one event but consistency is needed to ensure a growing attendance. Putting doubt over the event will only make the "undecided" look for an alternative.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information