sealant question

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Just about to have the scoot respayed, and the underneath of the legshields is pretty pitted from rust. Would like to protect it from water/rust etc, can anyone reccomend a treatment that will do this but wont be nigh on impossible to remove should i need to get at floor runner fixings at a later date or want to respray at some point.

Ta
Sef
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i presume the legshields will be sandblasted first.........
then repaired as needed....
any pitting......could then be filled......
I then usually use shultz/stone chip under the floor........before painting.......( U pol Gravitex stone chip protector is good too)
then after painting, "Underseal" if you like for added protection................
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
sydduckett

At the mo the legshields are primered with a bit of highbuild that needs rubbing down on the top. The pitting from the rust on the underneath is still visible through the primer so was planning to fill this (even though it wont be seen) then re-primer. Then wanted to add some form of protection.

Hope this makes sense

sef
squeakmillward

when you have painted etc. use waxoyl ,you can get it in clear or black ;)
sydduckett

Squeak, is it the same idea as when they blow wax based stuff into box sections of cars that they cant get to, to make sure they dont rust. Saw that guy mark evans do it on a e-type in a car is reborn on discovery.

sef
squeakmillward

yes thats the stuff ;)
I used it on the vespa up under the frame and around the shocker mount,also under the running boards,if the tank has to come out it will get a lashing in there as well :)
For the lammy I would go for clear and do under the front leggies ,under the rear runners and rear mudguard,front mudguardetc. but you could spray it anywhere you want,I think they do it in rattle cans but I had a gallon tin and hand pump for the car.
If you get it where you dont want it or want to remove it just use some white spirit :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information