electric problems p range

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulboy
Main scooter: t5 172 and a bit more

2 things when my lights are off and i press rear brake ..the park light comes on untill i depress the rear brake.. second my lights dim and flash a little when i use indicators .... (MOT IS DUE ) SOON PLEASE HELP as everyone always does cheers :cry:
ducksta

something shorting out m8
live life your a long time dead
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

prob trapped a wire or 2 causing it to short out
cit205

Yeh what they said ^ plus you've probably got some bad earths need cleaning up and maybe your lighting coils on the stator are tired.
Depending on how far you want to go the electrics and loom sound like they need a bit of an overhaul.
Apart from the short you need to find and sort you might get away with the dimming if its not too bad ,a lot of them do it, with a sympathic mot-er or if you make sure you only do the indicators when the lights are off :)
You might even be able to make it better by taking all the earth tags off the indicators and giving them and the surface they bolt to a good wire brushing then bolt them back down with some copperslip /copper grease smeared over to prevent corrosion.
soulboy

thanks lads thats my jobs for today reply later 8-)
soulboy

right sorted the front park light ..i had wired my rear twin lights up wrong :roll: but still getting a lot of light dip with indicators on ..only on tick over though
fraserp200e
Main scooter: 1988 MotoVespa TX200

soulboy wrote: but still getting a lot of light dip with indicators on ..only on tick over though
They all do that (at least the Vespas I've had!) just give it a few revs when they check the indicators.
1983 Vespa PX125
1984 MotoVespa P200E
1988 MotoVespa TX200
smoore-gt225
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

soulboy wrote:2 things when my lights are off and i press rear brake ..the park light comes on untill i depress the rear brake.. second my lights dim and flash a little when i use indicators .... (MOT IS DUE ) SOON PLEASE HELP as everyone always does cheers :cry:
Hi have you sorted it yet as i have the same problem on my mk1 t5, ive changed the indicator switch ive changed the loom from headset to junction box, and ive done all the earths on the indicators and i cannot see any breaks in the wires going into the toolbox.
i dont know what to do next anyone have any ideas as the headlight really flashes its not like it just dims a bit
cheers steve
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

just check your cable is not getting trapped as tighten headset down, if not routed properly it can get squashed near rear screw fixing
smoore-gt225
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

rapido230 wrote:just check your cable is not getting trapped as tighten headset down, if not routed properly it can get squashed near rear screw fixing
Hi does it even when the headset is not fixed down
cheers steve
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information