Inboard Disc Piston MBD Type

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MAB

Hi does anyone know what the piston used for the old Taffy inboard and the Mbd inboard hydraulic conversion is or whats original use is or even were you can get them from any info would be great.

soulsurfer

Have you tried dropping MB a line, Mark's very quick to respond to email ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
MAB

I have had a good chat with Phil today but I sort of get the impression they want your back plate and they will do the conversion and convert there piston which is good BUT I can get the back plate and piston done at my wifes engineering work for free so really I could just do with the piston and seals I havent told Markor Phil this if I dont have any joy I think I will and see what they say.

Thanks for the reply much appreciated.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Eden wrote:Good chance they know now you have posted it here.
Lol....I was just thinking the same....
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
MAB

Email was sent basically saying the same thing can anyone see a problem in the question ?
Dryballs

I have a really early mb conversion on my series 1 inboard. It leaked when I first put it on the road. Apparently mb went to 2 seals very early on but mine is a single seal

I ended up getting a seal remade locally here in New Zealand for the huge sum of $15 it's been mint and hasn't leaked a drop in 2 years

If you have no luck you could send me the size of your seal and I could get it made here
joespeed

mark, there is one on ebay at the moment.
MB group
Dealer

Hi MAB, as I said on email last night the pistons aren't a standard item, they are made by the same guy who we sub the conversion out to. They are done as a one off for each calliper and aren't available as a spare.
The seals are off a jap bike.
MAB

Cheers Ian Reply much appreciated

Mab
MAB

Thanks for all the reply guys all appreciated I think I know what diection to go now.

Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information