Rotax 300 builld

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
TED CRUD

I have a Bigger Jug to fit :shock:
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
twin peeks
Main scooter: gp200 ts1

TED CRUD wrote:Image

thats a big one ,jetski or mx bike

I have a Bigger Jug to fit :shock:
i say
:lol: thats a big one ,jetski or mx bike
GP240

The coolant inlet looks interesting on that big bore. No entry from crankcase ?
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
TED CRUD

GP240 wrote:The coolant inlet looks interesting on that big bore. No entry from crankcase ?

No crankcase entry .straight into the barrel and out of the head :D
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
TED CRUD

I also fancied the rotax way to convert ,i was looking for the ones they used on the Aprilla Enduro`s but could not find one.
spent weeks looking at skidoo /jetski barrels .The barrel i have is my back up plan .Looking more along the lines of this Rotax
conversion Looking forward to seeing a lot more of this !!!!!!! Well done RM
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
RManson
Main scooter: Jet 200

Interesting Ted! What are the specs on it?

As it turns out I've shifted gears slightly thanks to Rich_T's advice regarding cranks. He's got something in the works that sounds much more likely to survive than your standard Lamby crank. The stroke will be reduced to 60mm which makes case mods a little easier now but will reduce the size to 272cc. Guess I better change the thread title, eh? In the meantime, I'll keep working on the tooling and jigs needed to keep everything in line once the welding starts.

-Ryan
TED CRUD

RManson wrote:Interesting Ted! What are the specs on it?

As it turns out I've shifted gears slightly thanks to Rich_T's advice regarding cranks. He's got something in the works that sounds much more likely to survive than your standard Lamby crank. The stroke will be reduced to 60mm which makes case mods a little easier now but will reduce the size to 272cc. Guess I better change the thread title, eh? In the meantime, I'll keep working on the tooling and jigs needed to keep everything in line once the welding starts.

-Ryan
Mines a 328cc with a 60mm stroke of pure Torque ,was thinking of re-sleeving and higher spec porting ,but as i said this my back up plan waiting to see what the clever people come up with when i start my Carbon fibre GP W/C early this year .i was going to get a crank made wider to suit the bucket of a piston and pack out the mag housing
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
RManson

Just a quickie to keep things fresh, but a few of you asked about cylinder and head clearance. Well, I finally got off my duff and decided to check it out.

Seems my original plan of having the outlets on the left hand side conflicted with the down tube of the frame. Too bad since I'd already cut a twin head into a single. See my earlier posts.

Fitting what was left of the original head, it seems I should be okay with a tiny bit of body work trimming necessary to clear the head and outlets on the right side.

ImageRotax Lamby build-017 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

ImageRotax Lamby build-018 by PotvinV8, on Flickr

Unfortunately, that meant buying another head off eBay, good thing they're only $60!

On a more positive note, I think I've found an intake/reed, hydraulic clutch slave, expansion chamber, and stock carb to keep things going. I'll post an update as soon as some headway is made.

Also have a few radiator ideas of my own but does anyone care to share what they've used? Been looking at the ZX6R rads, nice and big with a fan and temp switch built in, but too big?

-Ryan
Last edited by RManson on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RICSPEED

my prefference for rads would be cr or yz 250 twin radiators though i guess it depends on where you want to mount them
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
RManson

Thanks Ric,
Was thinking behind the legshields in a glovebox. Naturally it'd have to be well ventilated with a fan or two mounted to keep everything kosher when the wind was still.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information