TUNED AVANTI TT3 30+

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Peach running an Avanti too?! I didn't appreciate Peach being a man of such good taste (kidding)!

It sounds like Peach's is running well so it would be good to hear of his setup. As I posted recently in another thread, the other Avanti TT3 being run in our club runs very well and it was simply set up as Ron sent it to him, no jetting changes or anything.

Adam
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Colin, yes we did get it running a bit sweeter, give me a shout when you want to bring it over
coaster

Adam_Winstone wrote:Peach running an Avanti too?! I didn't appreciate Peach being a man of such good taste (kidding)!

It sounds like Peach's is running well so it would be good to hear of his setup. As I posted recently in another thread, the other Avanti TT3 being run in our club runs very well and it was simply set up as Ron sent it to him, no jetting changes or anything.

Adam
On the run to Davos there were 3 Avanti's, all running 30mm PHBH and Peach was putting around 30% less fuel in that myself and the other Avanti at each stop :o That said, I have finally ditched my faithful JL3 in favour of an Avanti Supertourer and I THINK the fuel consumption is better.

Thanks Sach, I'll be in touch.

Colin
Adam_Winstone

What, if any differences are there from one to another? When I ran to the last Euro Ireland my fuel economy was terrible at the cruising speed being set by my companion's 175 so I raised the needle clip 1 position (dropped clip and made it weaker) and that little difference alone made a massive difference to my fuel consumption. I changed back once we had returned from the rally as it then felt a tad weak/hot at slightly higher speeds.

See if you can 'spot the difference' between the bikes... then tell us if you find anything :)
coaster

I running 30 PHBH and all had standard ignitions but Peach (Angry Bloke) was the only one with an MB Clubman. His PHBH was also fitted with a 50 slide if I remember correctly...don't know what effect that would have on consumption?
Adam_Winstone

Higher the slide number (PHBH) the leaner it is so it could well be that this made all the difference. A pal of mine recently borrowed a 45 slide from me to clean up his rich spot on pull away (not TT3) and he is happy with the result... but this was tested thoroughly by him to ensure that it wasn't too weak.
Adam_Winstone

FYI - I'm currently playing with pipes and gearing again on a slightly modified TT3... not sure why as my bike is already fast enough! I'm currently looking to swap out a Fran Race (4.8) for a Fran Supertourer and possibly 4.6:1 as I run a Supertourer on my standard TT3, which combined with Agusto 6K unit is a dream right through the rev range.

Ooh, tinkering :)
coaster

I had problems with my Avanti as revealed when I went over to Sach's dyno in Lowestoft. The barrel was badly damaged where the plating had worn through probably due to me not gapping the rings correctly when I changed them :oops: I got it re-plated and a new piston but it sat on the shelf for a year until a few weeks ago when I decided to resurrect it but with a reed valve. Still running it in but it pulls strongly in 4th without any hesitation from the low 20's mph until 45 where the power band starts to kick in up to my self imposed 60ish limit.

I've not had a long enough run to gauge fuel consumption yet and it needs fully jetting in yet.
Adam_Winstone

^... where is the 'LIKE' button?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Still not got one...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information