62mm Crank/Piston recomendations

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

I've tried to search an answer first. No luck. Do any of you have high recommendations for a quality and easily sourced piston to be used in a TS1 with a 62mm crank? Build specs to include SX 200 gearbox, Taffspeed Road Pipe, 35 TMX. I'm in California so Wiseco would be my best option but I've had 2 MB pistons and liked them.

Thanks in advance.
tha83

Ideally I'd like to approach 240 cc's. What do you recommend? As it sits I have a 62 mazz crank, I'll get the length of the rod and let you know. Obviously we can change the rod if need be.
RICSPEED

i think what you might be best aiming for is the yz250 piston ,wossner do a pattern job and i think you will need 115 yam rod and are best going steel liner
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
tha83

thanks guys for the responses. I know guys are using a steel liner but what is the benifit over just boring and re nicasiling? wis this done because the walls are becoming too thin? I would prefer the benifit of nicasil so what is the largest cc capacity for a road going nicasil TS 1? I am starting with a roached cylinder,having it tuned then replated.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Gives afs a ring
tha83

I found out that the Rod is a 107. This seems an odd choice for a 62 mm crank doesn't it? Anyone know what my options would be using this crank?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information