Scootrs SS Down Pipe to AF/KBA Clubman

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

This looks like a good conversion if you can't wait any longer for the MB or Avanti one :) The down pipe was about 1/2 an inch out horizontally, so I got it in the vice and knocked it back with a lump hammer. Good thing about all Scootrs gear like kickstarts, stands etc they will all bend a bit. I had to take a bit off the clubman. I married them both up with some stainless, flexible, exhaust hose. I used exhaust gasket paste stuff and clamped both parts down with D clamps. I couldn't get the fixing under the exhaust onto the casing but apart from that it's on.

The scoot certainly revs on better but it's a lot louder. Unfortuneatly I don't have a rev counter on but will check the GPS speed and see if I get more top end.
gaz_powell

interesting ! Any pictures ?

Harry Barlow made one for a mate of mine used a KBA box made a 48mm u bend - he did some work in the box and it uses a larger diameter tailpipe

Works well on TS1

I`m having one done shortly - but using adjustable bracket on box, stub to cylinder with seperate u bend

hoping for good things at a sensible price
Lamaddict

gaz_powell wrote:interesting ! Any pictures ?

Harry Barlow made one for a mate of mine used a KBA box made a 48mm u bend - he did some work in the box and it uses a larger diameter tailpipe

Works well on TS1

I`m having one done shortly - but using adjustable bracket on box, stub to cylinder with seperate u bend

hoping for good things at a sensible price

It's certainly louder, speed- I'm still unsure. Seems like I might to look at the jetting.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Jesus! Why would you?

Just stick a 48mm clubman pipe on surely???
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information