What frame have I got?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I picked up a S3 frame for a potential project, but I'm not sure how authentic it is (not especially important for the project though).

The Frame number says 1963 Li125

The frame loop is Serveta (It's been filled in but I can see the ignition cut out from underneath!)

The engine bolt mounting has the extra box section welded round it on the drive side (what models had this?)

It's also had the headstock reduced to GP length and welded back on at some stage (or it was a GP and has been lengthened).

Best case senario: A genuine Li125 with a replacement loop and a bit of "history"

Worst case senario: A ringer :roll:

What do you think?
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

if the frame number is as stated, ie "1963 LI125", then I would say its unregisterable as is.

You might get a "Q" plate.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
RBG

Avantone wrote: The engine bolt mounting has the extra box section welded round it on the drive side (what models had this?)

What do you think?
I have a Spanish S3 chrome ring LI150 frame same as described.
Avantone

bristolmod wrote:if the frame number is as stated, ie "1963 LI125", then I would say its unregisterable as is.

You might get a "Q" plate.

Chris
Sorry BM, It's got the full frame number which de-codes as a 1963 Li125 (It's in the garage and I couldn't be arsed to go and write it down ;) ) - It also has IGM stamped on it but no actual number :?
RBG wrote:
Avantone wrote: The engine bolt mounting has the extra box section welded round it on the drive side (what models had this?)

What do you think?
I have a Spanish chrome ring LI150 frame same as described.
So that would tie in with the Spanish loop (which doesn't show any signs of being welded on anywhere other than the factory), though I doubt they had rear mounted ignition switches in 1963!........................Oh dear :?
Tony

www.lambrettagearbox.com
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

Avantone wrote:I picked up a S3 frame for a potential project, but I'm not sure how authentic it is (not especially important for the project though).

The Frame number says 1963 Li125

The frame loop is Serveta (It's been filled in but I can see the ignition cut out from underneath!)

The engine bolt mounting has the extra box section welded round it on the drive side (what models had this?)

It's also had the headstock reduced to GP length and welded back on at some stage (or it was a GP and has been lengthened).

Best case senario: A genuine Li125 with a replacement loop and a bit of "history"

Worst case senario: A ringer :roll:

What do you think?
Extra box section on drive side? Could this be a sidecar fitting (opposite side to ours for driving on the right)
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
sean brady scooters
Dealer

its a spanish jet frame............surely
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Avantone

sean brady scooters wrote:its a spanish jet frame............surely
Thanks Sean - So the frame number suggesting it's a 1963 Li is moody ........................ bugger!
Tony

www.lambrettagearbox.com
RICSPEED

extra bit on drive side means it is a spanish frame ,what are the numbers like ?any signs of being restamped at all or any cutting and welding around the numbers?
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Avantone

RICSPEED wrote:extra bit on drive side means it is a spanish frame ,what are the numbers like ?any signs of being restamped at all or any cutting and welding around the numbers?
No sign of cutting or welding around the number, but the numbers don't look perfectly, evenly spaced - but is this normal? (never been too fussed about this sort of thing before as they always ended up on the track)

Tony

www.lambrettagearbox.com
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

where's the stars?

The area around the number looks like its been flatened- or is that a trick of the light?

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information